cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with a USB connexant ADSL Modem please tell me if yo

N/A

Anyone with a USB connexant ADSL Modem please tell me if yo

All documentation I have seen (not much of which is written in english) states that there should be two steady LEDs when the modem is connected & installed properly. My modem always has the RDY LED flashing and tends to be disconnected at least 5 times a day. Downloads speeds are usually high but unreliable - the connection tends to drop when there is about 30 seconds download time remaining (just a coincidence I know buy blud annoy init!). VPN also suffers big time
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Anyone with a USB connexant ADSL Modem please tell me i

My RDY LED is constantly flashing too. The only one on mine which is steady is the LNK LED, when its in showtime mode. Otherwise its flashy flashy across the board. Im not using the software which came on the CD though, I think its pants (though i installed drivers off it of course). I just let XP handle the connecting stuff. I believe i got the same LED results when i used the CD connecting stuff at first though.

I do not seem to be suffering the same disconection problems, but i couldne say why.

> All documentation I have seen (not much of which is written in english) states that there should be two steady LEDs when the modem is connected & installed properly. My modem always has the RDY LED flashing and tends to be disconnected at least 5 times a day. Downloads speeds are usually high but unreliable - the connection tends to drop when there is about 30 seconds download time remaining (just a coincidence I know buy blud annoy init!). VPN also suffers big time
>

N/A

> All documentation I have seen (not much of which is written in english) states that there should be two steady LEDs when the modem is connected & installed properly. My modem always has the RDY LED flashing and tends to be disconnected at least 5 times a day. Downloads speeds are usually high but unreliable - the connection tends to drop when there is about 30 seconds download time remaining (just a coincidence I know buy blud annoy init!). VPN also suffers big time
>

My Conexant ADSL router's ready light flashes continually, don't worry about it.

When I first got it, I had a few disconnections, and have had crashes (were the router needs rebooting - this has happened twice in two months). Overall though, it works well. Any connection problems seem to be the result of the PlusNet service.
--
-- The Godfather
N/A

Thanks Guys - one settled stomach (ish) :p