cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use Easynews?

redshift

Anyone use Easynews?

Any Easynews users here? I am having lots of trouble connecting to their servers, can't even access their web site, nor can I download whether it's via NTTP or HTTP. It's almost as if PN are blocking their domain... is anyone having more luck here?
Thanks.
50 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Anyone use Easynews?

There shouldn't be anything in general causing this kind of problem, so its possible that there is something in place on your account that is causing it. I've seen that you've raised a ticket, so I've responded to that with further information for you.
JJ
Grafter

Anyone use Easynews?

Been using Easynews for a few weeks. Never had any problems. Cant check at the moment as I am not on my usual PC but it was fine late last night

John H
N/A

Re: Anyone use Easynews?

Any Easynews users here? I am having lots of trouble connecting to their servers, can't even access their web site, nor can I download whether it's via NTTP or HTTP. It's almost as if PN are blocking their domain... is anyone having more luck here?
Thanks.

Same sort of problem here. Easynews is virtually unusable from mid afternoon until very late evening most days. Headers take ages to load and as for downloads... Get the best speeds very early morning.
N/A

EasyNews

Mine has also gone off as of Friday. Had an Easynews support person change the routes for me and it burst into life for 5 minutes then died again. I can generally ping them once or twice after a router reboot then it ends.

Accessing the site via proxy servers works fine (Obviously slower, but at least it works)

Raised a ticket and had a reply, the reply asked if all protocols were affected (Isn't SSL, HTTP, NNTP & ICMP enough?) - unfortunatly I closed the ticket by accident and have since re-opened.

The guy who refered me to PlusNet sent me a tracert and his is connection is fine.
N/A

Anyone use Easynews?

Easynews has been working fine for me for months. All working fine at this present time.
N/A

Anyone use Easynews?

works for me too. Quite a slow download rate though.

M
N/A

Anyone use Easynews?

its very slow form me to the point that it is useless very very anoying
N/A

Anyone use Easynews?

are the people suffering from slow connections on 8meg, i tried connecting through a web proxy and it was lightning fast so its deffo plus.net shaping the bandwidth, very very anoying
N/A

Anyone use Easynews?

Yeah, no good here. Tried to access the web addy and also tried to start some downloads I had qued as well, but it couldn't connect.

motherfunk, your comments are interesting. Think we had something like this a while ago, whereby easynews users were suspecting Plusnet had blocked or severley reduced connections to easynews, this went on for a while and it eventually got sorted. I remember then, I got round this by using a proxy service which worked ok, but not ideal as I had to pay for it.
N/A

Anyone use Easynews?

can everone put in a suport ticket so they see the problem as this will help us get this fixed, really nippy
N/A

Anyone use Easynews?

I'm having exactly the same problems.

Sometimes it's lightning fast and downloads max out my connection, but most of the time responses are so slow that the web interface doesn't even load, or does but takes bloody ages and you can forget trying to download when it's like that. I get around 2KB/s then.
N/A

8 Meg

Yup I'm on 8 Meg - Thursday I could squeeze a good 750k/s from Easynews, now I ping over 8000ms so can't even get a browser up.

Can still update acrobat reader at 700k + though.

I was told from PN support that it couldn'r be service throttling as I am a business user, however, to be honest I don't think that counts for squat anymore. Even my pings to google vary from 39 to 2000 MS and my Static IP is SORBS listed as a DUL IP so half my clients can't recieve direct email from me. I chose to pay fro a 3rd party SMTP relay service rather than risk PlusNets own - been with them 5 days and it has been very rocky - except they did sort me out an extra IP within a couple of days.

i
N/A

Anyone use Easynews?

its deffo plusnet i dont care what they say i use a proxy i get full speed. i dont and i can barley load the pages up, i get about 1/2kbs its started about 5 days ago, the two days befor that were fine
N/A

Anyone use Easynews?

As you all may have seen here we're having the same problem trying to get to the Giganews servers and website too... Evil

I've reset my connection and I'm now on the "Telehouse North, Juniper 5" gateway - thn-ag1. I can access Giganews again at the moment - and at full speed it seems - but how long that will last who can say...
I could briefly access the giganews servers when on the the "Telehouse North, Juniper 2" (ptn-ag2) gateway earlier today, but less than an hour later it was being blocked once more...

I agree with the timescale motherfunk is talking about too - broke last thursday night for me and been unusable since then - coincidentally the same night that my usage stats were reset and my account was switched over to use the new VMBU... something's definately gone wrong...

I've already got a ticket open and it ha been looked at today. Waiting to see what happens now as we've ruled out the basics - it's not my router/pc firewall, that my business connection hasn't got traffic management and I've told them that resetting the connection can get it working again (albeit briefly)