cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone received an email making them aware of LLU opt out?

N/A

Plusnet have stated that they would:-

Email all users on potential Tiscali exchanges to make them aware of the opt-out. (LLU)

As far as I am aware there has been no mention of an opt out in emails to customers (aside from status emails for which you have to subscribe).

Have you received one making you aware of the opt out?
-------------

See the current discussion on:-
http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2516.60.html
16 REPLIES
N/A

Not me. The first thing I noticed Plusnet even used Tiscali was when I received an email stating I had been moved to there alternative provider, and even then I had to visit these boards to find out who the alternative provider was!
N/A

I didn't get one either. They just did it. Not that I minded at first, it gave me a speed boost with no downtime that I noticed.
Now, I am furious as my connection is completely hosed and I am at the mercy of piscali
N/A

Plusnet has stated that a 'few' people have not received the emails. What I am more concerned with however is the content of those emails.
Plusnet stated that in the emails their customers would be made 'aware' of the opt out facility. I am trying to ascertain if there is such an email that makes people 'aware'.
N/A

Maybe Plusnet did send everyone the appropriate emails, but there email system decided to dump most of them into the trashcan, like it seems to do with most peoples emails Smiley
N/A

Appreciate your input but let's keep this on topic Wink
N/A

I didn't receive any notification until after I was moved. I think the 'Opt-out' option is a new thing and didn't exist in the run up to when I was moved and so wouldn't have been able to even if I wanted to..

And now with a lousy LLU connection I wish I had... :x
N/A

I was LLU'ed on 29/6/07. Before this I had no emails telling me my wholesale provider was changing or anything else about my connection was changing. I wasnt informed, I didnt have an email offerring opt-out. There was no you have been moved to tiscali email. As far as I knew on 29/6/07 my line developed a fault. Now since being on LLU although I can connect and have some service this is extremely hampered by 24/7 packet loss making games, voip etc. a waste of time. Surfing is slow and often page wont load at all. Still waiting for news of a possible move back to a rocksolid ipstream connection due to no emails informing me of any of this and a fault lasting 5 weks now.
James
Grafter

We're currently in the process of re-writing the emails that we plan to send out to people on LLU exchanges.

We're looking into making the opt-out infrmation more visible, previously, we included a link to an FAQ, which contained a question about being able to opt out.
N/A

I'm pleased that at least you are at least 'looking into it' this is great progress over the replies that I have had on this subject so far.
However (there had to be one, sorry) there does not seem to be mention of this in your new FAQ on LLU.
Also why is the FAQ not displayed on this forum.
Apologies if it's just me and I can't find it. Perhaps it's not visible enough Wink

Dave

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

You can add me to the list of people that want to opt-out (regrade) from LLU..

I'm currently without a connection and having read some of the comments on here I can't imagine I'll have one any time soon.

If things don't improve soon I'll be after a MAC, if they're not forthcoming I'll be getting a new telephone line...
Community Veteran

Can someone point me in the direction of this LLU opt out?

Im on an exchange that has tiscali available, and having had some serious connection issues before max, and now having got a stable connection - I really dont want it changing again with some of the horror stories Ive heard...
James
Grafter

N/A

LLU -> Other ISP = Another activation cost

Hello.

Not only did I not - as far as I can tell - get the email about opting out (when I get get 2 copies of everything normally), I discover today that if I wish to move to an ISP that does not support the LLU reverse migration pilot (I may very well have this name wrong) then I will incur a fresh activation cost after cancelling my account.

Because of plusnet's failure to comunicate effectively, the customer runs the risk of incurring additional cost - which defeats the whole Mac/Migration code principle imho - or has their choice of alternate ISP curtailed... I guess that's OK from plusnet's perspective, but who cares if a customer is happy or not as long as they're in the right column of the spreadsheet, hey?

And this chap seems to be in the same boat:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46168

And the ISP I moved to have made the comment that yes the do support this - but haven't before. So guess who gets to be guinea pig. Although they answered the phone with 2 rings, sent the confirmation email of our conversation within 10 minutes, and gave me an open and honest answer with forewarning of potential problems and delays.

Compare and contrast.
N/A

No one got an email informing them of the opt out just vague links to the opt out.
And I'm not sure we ever will despite numerous assurances from PN.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44113&highlight=

http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2516.0.html

http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2375.0.html

I'm a comparative newbie to the forums except fot this topic.
Now at 200 posts here and 57 on PUG forum. Has any of my whinging done any good?
Suggest you do an author search and view some of my many, many, fruitless posts. Leaving plusnet on 8th August, (relief all round) anyone care to take up the gauntlet? Apparently I'll only be able to enter the diallup forum. Gonna get a life instead.