cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone managed LLU->BT yet?

N/A

My pre-LLU connection was a solid 2mb 24/7, never disconnected and had great pings.

My LLU connection is a very flaky 5 - 6mb and has several disconnections per day which last anything from 30 minutes to approx 8 hours (gets stuck on "LCP is allowed to come up")

I know lots of other people have the same problems on LLU, and just wondering if anyone has managed to move back to a BTW connection. I don't care whether it's MaxDSL or not - I just want my stable connection back!
9 REPLIES
winnipeg1823
Grafter

I was promised one seven days ago,and a plusnet staff member opened a question on my behalf requesting the move.This was due to the problems I have suffered, plus I was moved prior to the opt out option, and not informed re the problems of moveing ISP, however I have not heard anything further, so as yet I have'nt moved
N/A

Same boat.

I'm in the same boat.

10:40am, Friday 4th August 2006
[Support Wizard Journey]
[I would like to opt out of the LLU upgrade programme]
[Trials Wizard]
[LLU Opt Out]
[Additional Information]
I have opted out before, but am doing again as I seem to have a LLU go live on 7th order on my BT account.

James Bailey Training/Comms 9:15am, Monday 7th August 2006
Dear Jon,

Please will you place an urgent LLU --> IPStream order (not MAC request) for Mr. ****, as he had opted out of the LLU offering, but was still transferred in the early hours of this morning.

Regards,
James Bailey

Barl Caker BOT - DSL Provisioning 1:10pm, Wednesday 9th August 2006
**internal** cease 1-DI9OHB cancelled
Regards,
Barl Caker

Barl Caker BOT - DSL Provisioning 1:19pm, Wednesday 9th August 2006
Dear Mr ****,
You should now be able to conect.

**internal** cease cancelled 828288cse
Regards,
Barl Caker

Your comment 10:35pm, Wednesday 9th August 2006
Guys,I am still on LLU ?

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 5696 kbps 640 kbps
Line Attenuation 41 db 10 db
Noise Margin 7 db 13 db

Dave Tomlinson Training/Comms 9:54pm, Friday 11th August 2006
Dear Mr *****,
I will pass this ticket on to the provisioning team for you.

Regards,
Dave Tomlinson

**Internal**
Please can you confirm the LLU->Ipstream migration is in progress and when we expect complete. Thanks

So I am limbo, just got to wait I suppose.

At least they agreed to move me back, which considering i did opt out and also didn't receive any email warning.
N/A

Ok, after another 24 hour outage (4th one in a month) and extremely poor speeds and gaming pings (as usual) when my connection did return I am now fed up to the back teeth with LLU.

All I want now is for PN to either move me back to my old 2mb conn on IPsteam or give me my LLU Mac so I can at least try another ISP that doesn't have their LLU supplied by Tiscali.

Can someone in PN CS give me a straight answer on how to go about requesting this.
N/A

You just need to raise a ticket saying you want to migrate, but you need to find out if you new isp supports trial llu mac's first.
N/A

You just need to raise a ticket saying you want to migrate, but you need to find out if you new isp supports trial llu mac's first.

I can see the option for requesting a MAC but at this point I'm more interested in being moved back to IPstream (as this will mean less cost for me). So where is the option for this? :?
N/A

I don't think there is one !
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Nope, I don't think there is. From what I've read here it is certainly possible, but costs PlusNet money to move you back so whether they'd be willing to is another matter. I wonder if it costs to connect you to LLU in the first place - that is an interesting one.

I am sure if you covered the cost they'd might, although it is a bit cheeky to be out of pocket due to an action made by PlusNet to save money at the detriment of your connection and ability to migrate.

Mind you it's been said on here that PlusNet would ensure people were not financially disadvantaged which implies they would cover the cost. Whether this would happen in practise I have no idea.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

There is no option in the Help Assistant to request migration back to BT products as this is not something we are offering as standard. However in the instance of a lengthy fault we will action the move back, likewise if a customer has been moved against their request.

I've passed your issue onto the faults team so that they can look into this further for you.
N/A

Thank you Mand for bumping my ticket. I had reported these speed issues last week but have been unable to run the amount of asked-for speed tests as I have been away for most of the weekend and it requires one to be run between 12-7am and I kinda like to sleep then Tongue

Did run a couple this morning aorund 8am and was under 1mb for every one Sad

If this issue cannot be fixed soon I just want to be moved back to the connection I had before so my pings remain stable as I do a lot of online gaming.

I don't see why I should have to foot the bill for this as when I was moved to LLU I was told it would not affect my broadband connection (it has) and there would be no changes to my contract (I find the inability to now easily migrate to another provider a BIG change and one PN should have been upfront about when they announced LLU) and I was certainly never given the option to opt-out in advance (I beleive this only came into action after I was moved in June).

Hopefully my connection can be stabilised and I won't find myself visitng these forums every day to have a moan...