cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know if theres a problem with e-mail?

N/A

Anyone know if theres a problem with e-mail?

My internet connection is working ok but trying to access my e-mail is timing out. Is anyone else experiencing this.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Anyone know if theres a problem with e-mail?

> My internet connection is working ok but trying to access my e-mail is timing out. Is anyone else experiencing this.

Hi there,

From testing here I've been able to connect successfully to the mail server, additionally our monitoring systems don't show any server problems at present. Are you still getting this problem? If so is it only access to the mail server that is failing?

Regards,
Rob

| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

newinvention
Grafter

Yes, I've got the same problem .... sticky internet connection and non-existent email. Can't send or receive and am accessing portal via another isp. Plusnet, what's up?
N/A

Yes it's just the mail server that isn't working. Outlook just timesout when i try to recieve mail. It connects to the point where it says 'Receiving message 1 of 7' then after 30-40 secs it timesout. So its connecting to the server initally. The mails been fine until today and i've not altered any settings on my system so i don't think it's at my end... 'fatal last words' no doubt lol.
N/A

Hi there,

I have been able to access both of your accounts with no problems at all on a dial-up connection and both have e-mails waiting - none of them excessively large.

We have also had no reported generic problems with the mail servers yesterday or today so if you are still having problems I recomend increasing the Server Timouts option to a higher level.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +