cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having P2P trouble today?

N/A

Nothing I try to download will work, I get three green lights in Azureus but the download speed never goes above 250B/s. I'm wondering if something went awry when I switched to the Teleworker package. Anyone else having success with P2P at the moment?
38 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Bytes per second or Kilobytes per second?
Community Veteran

See http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52668 could be affecting you too
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Bytes per second Sad
James
Grafter

It's possibly partly down to the issue with the load balancing that I was talking about earlier.

What made you choose the product that you've just moved to, out of curiosity?
N/A

OK, no worries, I'll see how things are looking on Monday.

I've gone for the Teleworker package because 99% of my internet use is for my business now, I'm self-employed and my work involves quite a bit of uploading and downloading high resolution TIFF and EPS files - so the FTP issues on Premier 1 were causing me a fair few headaches. I tried PAYG, at Neil's suggestion, and the improved FTP performance was basically perfect. It worked out slightly cheaper for me to be on Teleworker as opposed to PAYG - and as my business takes off this year, I'll be looking to move to the faster upload speed package.

So really, P2P performance doesn't bother me much as I rarely use it. I'm more than happy with 50kb/s speeds for that. It's currently on 0b/s though!
James
Grafter

Hmm. I would have thought you'd save a fraction on the PAYG tariff, but as you've said, you'll be expecting an increased amount of usage later on it the year.
N/A

Re: Anyone having P2P trouble today?

Nothing I try to download will work, I get three green lights in Azureus but the download speed never goes above 250B/s. I'm wondering if something went awry when I switched to the Teleworker package. Anyone else having success with P2P at the moment?

Yes this would be true i just grabbed my MAC plusnet is now no longer providing an internet connection at a 50:1 contention for high tcp port numbers.

I now also have enough data / graphs and traffic dumps to prove this situation.
N/A

Nope, P2P does NOT work on my new Teleworker account. Can someone please investigate ASAP for me please?
sophos9
Grafter

TBH mate, P2P is not good with PN

I was trying to D/L a ISO with over 10,000 seeds and 1700 leeches, got 2.5kb max... Sad
N/A

Thing is, it was perfect on PAYG and should be in the same traffic queue on Teleworker...
N/A

Now getting an incredible 836B/s on P2P. Might as well not bother. Think it might be MAC code time again.
N/A

I am having exactly they same problems and it sounds like you do the same as me.

I use FTP for work also, upload and download VMWare images for test and development. I am finding I cant upload or download any more because it takes so long!

We were even using a private binary news server at work to try solve the issue of transfer but no, this is a no go now.

I will be asking for my MAC next!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Set up VPN to the office. Share a directory on a server to be used for transfers and use Windows Explorer to map a drive letter to it. You'll get quite decent speeds.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I have been doing that but the company VPN goes via france and is limited also, mac speed you get is about 60kbps and the in the office the most is about 120kbps