Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else with speed issues

N/A

PlusNet Speed Test

Your current speed is:

645.30kbps

Which means you can download at 80.66 KB/sec. from our servers.

I am on Broadband 2meg Premier and have never had this problem before (well once but BT gave me a 1meg line instead of 2). The plusnet fault checker just says its contention? Does that mean I am just stuck with it? Sad
56 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Unless you do the BT speed test you will never know
N/A

Yep mine speed is poor tonight also, VP status show green on the exchange checker.

09-01-2006 19:43:59 525.1
09-01-2006 19:43:01 646
09-01-2006 19:42:08 391
09-01-2006 19:41:39 642.3
N/A

I think there must be a problem tonight as my speeds are showing between 509 and 667.

I thought the whole throttling thing was supposed to improve speeds for everyone. Cheesy
Alecto
Grafter

The Pn speed test gives 1.82Mb for me just now.

I'd suspect your local BT network.

Or try reconnecting to get on a different pipe and see if that's any better.
N/A

Everything is slow as all hell for me to, this sucks. My current DCC download is running at an amazing 43KB/s Evil
N/A

The speed test has completed on test server speedtester2.nat.bt.com for user 01494****** and you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

538 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Your IP address is 217.41.220.***, your browser is reported as being Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and is running on Windows XP.

BT would regard the speed ranges shown below as normal service:

For 250kbps End Users speeds between 50 - 250kbps.
For 500kbps End Users speeds between 100 - 500kbps.
For 1000kbps End Users speeds between 200 - 1000kbps.
For 2000kbps End Users speeds between 400 - 2000kbps.

So I guess I am stuck with it for now :roll: Xbox live isn't so much fun anymore Sad
Discostoo
Grafter

My connection is horrendously slow at the moment as well, I blame Eastenders.

Slow ping times mean disco get killed. Disco mad!

*wishes he had a turbo boost button for broadband like Michael Knight had for KITT*...
loony
Grafter

yep all local BF2 servers are hopeless gettin kicked for high ping and lots of spikes in game ...its never been this bad .......SUCKS
FooAtari
Grafter

Mine is terrible to

BT 271
Plus 261

2mb prem

Exchange Checker Shows fine.... Sad
N/A

Mine's a bit better tonight: 977. No probs showing at exchange other than a yellow indicator at the 20:1 port.
N/A

I have the same problem, i am an internet gamer, and i am forever getting pinged out of servers....I joinde Plusnet in June and was fine for a few months, and then in Oct all went bad.....Still waiting to get it sorted now. to be honest the support team are useless, i am getting no help at all with anything. I wanna change ISP's just looking for a clause that will get me out without paying.

After all i am paying for a service and i aint getting it Evil

I did a speed test on mine using thwe BT speedtester....I have a 1meg connection, the results were bad, even at 4 in the morning. not very good speeds, and believe me they got worse

First speed test....
1.7mb file d/l at a speed of 457 k/b per second...Timed at 13:57

second speed test....
1.7mb file d/l at a speed of 395 k/b per second...Timed at 20:33

Third Speed test....
1.7mb file d/l at a speed of 391 k/b per second...Timed at 22:16

Fourth speed test....
1.7mb file d/l at a speed of 492 k/b per second...Timed at 12:48

fifth speed test....
1.7mb file d/l at a speed of 371 k/b per second...Timed at 22:18
N/A

mine bad too, bt speed test showed 468kbps.

Been happy with plus net, but the last few days has been awful. I am having major latency problems.
Community Veteran

Any of you getting poor speed test results using the BT test need to realise that this indicates that Plusnet are definatley not the cause of your problem!!
PN are simply removed from the equation during the BT test, because it only uses BT's network and doesn't use the Plusnet network at all!

Your problems are local or exchange oriented.

Raise a support ticket indicating your problem, and include the BT test results.
Be aware though that BT consider a connection above 400kbps to be acceptable for broadband.
N/A

I'm downloading opera 8.5 as I have just rebuilt my machine and I'm get 400 BYTES/sec it will take hours, faster on dialup. Sad This isn't right surely ! nothing else is running on our home network, its a newly install O/S no virus no trojan. Its actually dropping as I type under 200 now.

Surfing is running really slow as well. Time to raise a ticket

Paul