cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else suffering really slow connection speed?

N/A

I don't think this is connected to the problem listed on the Service Status page as I am not getting disconnects but my speed has fallen through the floor.

It's so bad that even the PN speed test hangs so I can't get a reading. The only thing I can use as an indicator is that I normally download files at around 180 kbs but now am only getting 18 kbs. It's been like this for two days. I haven't changed any settings or hardware and I do not have a virus.
16 REPLIES
benskia
Grafter

yep.
I get this.
N/A

I've had this at times, and rebooting the router normally cures it, so I'd say to try that.
N/A

Have you tried the BT speedtester?

If it indicates a similar low speed then the problem is either a faulty connection on the BT network, very high contention at your exchance or one of any other of a million problems BT can have.

If it shows a much higher speed, then your problem is with plusnet's network.
N/A

Ok, I left the PN speed test hanging there and eventually came up with a result. The result shows a crazy connection speed of 37.44 MBPS. Yep, I typed that right.

I had the same prob for a couple days last week. The actual connection speed I was experiencing was very low but the speed test was showing speeds of around 45 MBPS

Just to confirm, it is definately saying MBPS and not KBPS.
N/A

We all know the PN speed tester is crap, which is why we said to try the BT Speed tester or the ADSL Guide one....
N/A

Ok. I just ran the speed test twice on the ADSL Guide site as suggested and both sets of results came out identical as shown below....

Speed Test Results
Downstream 127.7 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )
Upstream 378.3 Kbps ( = 0.4 Mbps )

As you can see. not exactly awe inspiring.
N/A

same problem

I am getting teh same problem.. My speed has dropped from 4mps to a mere 128kbps... Plus.net speed status shows me at 500kbps and BT speedtester is showing me at 128knps.. my router says i can achieve between 4mps-4.5mps so getting mixed results.. but it seems that perhaps this might be connected to Plus.net LLU problem.. but as always I can't be bothered to wait a stupid 1-2 hours to get an answer to my problem so i wrote a ticket which will take minimum 10 YEARS to get answered..when will plus.net do their job? who knows...
N/A

it doesn't seem to be a generalized thing as this is my ADSL Guide speed test done at 1833hrs

Downstream 5,069.5 Kbps ( = 5.0 Mbps )
Upstream 685.6 Kbps ( = 0.7 Mbps )
N/A

Thanks guys. I guess this means I'll have to go through the pain of doing another three pointless speed checks on the BT tester over the next 24 hours and then raise a ticket.

Oh the HUMANITY!
shellsong
Grafter

Oh the HUMANITY!

I seem to remember that came from a report on a big commercial undertaking by an oppressive regime when it went up in flames! Am I reading too much into this? Tongue
N/A

Either that or South Park, lol.
N/A

This is my speedtest. It used to be 1869 now is only 160!
N/A

fnuseless
Dabbler

speed

Had much the same problem last week my speed hit the floor i have since been put back to 512k instead of max and it is working fine again but on 512k.
Hopefully i will be up to 1 meg this week and maxed again some time after that.

I think there is an issue in the network somewhere!!!!Huh? :idea:

slaughterme