cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having email probs today?

N/A

Had none today and the next service update was due at 15:00 today!
64 REPLIES
N/A

Yes. I have received no email today despite having placed an online order with dabs.com (confirmation email expected) and having forwarded an email from my work address 9 hours ago. So I don't think the problem is fixed yet!
N/A

Yes. For over a week now. Was being patient. Getting concerned that something so basic should have not been resolved. Smiley Friends and relations are wondering what sort of ISP I am with!! Shockedops:
N/A

Same here, there was supposed to be an update on the issue today but I guess my email about that's stuck in the system!
N/A

Well that's made me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one. plusnet seems to be gradually falling apart over these last few months. Hopefully they will pull their finger our of their @****s and at least send an update out.
N/A

I'm still missing emails from today. Is this a general problem for everyone? getting a bit concerned as nobody else seems to be complaining. Although the customer service lines seem to be maxed out all day.

Can we have the 8/5/06 15:00 update please plusnetHuh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

yes.
A few e-mails haven't arrived and I keep getting an error something like "connection to server has been terminated"
N/A

No change, still some missing emails and no update I've seen from PN (due yesterday at 3pm according to the system status page).
Alecto
Grafter

Emails being delayed here too, just as yesterday.
N/A

GMail - the way forward!

Seriously though, generally have around 20 per day through PN accounts, just one since the 6th.

Not massively concerned, but surely mail is one of the core competencies for an ISP? If they can't do that.......
long-gone
Grafter

I've had email warnings
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on pih-mxcore10.plus.net.

The message identifier is: 1FcgDA-0005b7-Fm
The subject of the message is: Re: Results
The date of the message is: Sun, 7 May 2006 11:10:03 +0100

I saw on a news group that someone was having better luck if they disabled the PlusNet email spam / antivirus facilities - anyone tried that ?
N/A

What annoys me on this email fiasco is the misleading Service Status messages. Why don't PlusNet tell the truth that the service is currently seriously screwed and has been for over a week. Two examples (both between PlusNet accounts).

1..Sent 02 May 2006 12:37 ... received 06 May 2006 10:06.
2. Sent 07 May 2006 09:29 ... not yet received 09 May 2006 11:00. (And I have now had to phone to find this out).

Come on a) tell us what is going on and b) tell us when it is really going to be fixed.
N/A

Just had an email delivered that was sent on Friday 5th (from ebay but so what).

Still missing a pile more!
N/A

Had one from Friday 5th, and one from today.
Perhaps the issue is almost resolved, and the missing mails are sat in the queue awaiting their retry time (which I think increase with each failed attempt)
Hopefully they didn't try to solve the backlog by clearing down the queues Wink
RobDickson
Grafter

I'm still waiting to receive e-mails that I know were sent last Friday, and others that I know were sent yesterday. Others, however, seem to get through OK.

I've noticed that the service status page (still waiting for yesterday's 15:00 update) no longer assures customers that no e-mail has been lost.