cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had this email?

N/A

I got an email on Jun 23rd here's what it said...

-----------------------------------------------

Great news! We're attempting to upgrade the speed of your broadband service to 2Mb for free, at no extra cost per month.

The upgrade will be made between 2005-06-25 - 2005-07-02 and you don't need to do a thing!

A series of tests will then be made on your line. If your line proves unable to support 2Mb, you will get the fastest speed your line can support, either 1Mb or 512k.

You will be emailed once the work is complete to notify you of your new speed.

Kind regards,

Customer Support
http://portal.plus.net

PlusNet - The Smarter Way to Internet

---------------------------------------------------

Well, cool, it's now 4th. Any comments +net? I realise not everyone works over the weekend but is anything happening with this?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Ha Ha Ha, bet you get loads of replies Smiley
I had the same message, but nothing happening....
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

hamiltonbrown - it looks like your regrade was cancelled over the weekend. There's no note showing why so I can't be 100% certain it was because the line can't support a faster speed.
N/A

Surely atten of 15 and snr of 43 is good enough for 2mb? so I'll presume its for another reason but whatever that reason is it's getting very annoying when there is no info after it was originaly June then I get that email and the upgrade is canceled?!

After all the waiting and problems I'll give it till the end of the week then I'm afraid I'll have to swap to another ISP .
N/A

Sounds like PN are going to end up in doggy doo doo again with this.
N/A

It certainly would have been nice to at least get an email when it was canceled with info on whatever action (if any) would be taken next. I understand this is all in BTs hands in the end but PN have supposedly paid a lot of money for these upgrades so surely they could enquire as to what is going on? Alas instead of anything useful I'm just left in the dark.

What do I do now? raise a ticket? Phone BT? Migrate? There are enough ISPs moving to 2mb now and the way it's going I could swap for free to Demon, start with 2mb and have no caps or download limits all for the princely sum of £19.99 per month.