cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting really slow browsing tonight?

suec45
Grafter

Guys- websites are taking an age to load, is it everyone or is it my system please?
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The portal is occasionaly very slow but elswhere is Ok
rz2k7
Grafter

eBay has been slow for me. Also did some speedtests (plusnet, BT, bbmax, ThinkBroadband) and my speed has dropped from an average 4.7mbs to 2mbs.

I think it might be to do with speed balancing that's mention in the service status.
N/A

Mines terrible again:

And after rebooting my router it got worse:

Needs to be sorted please +net...
ChrisC
johnmglen
Grafter

Appalling, down to sub dial up speeds. Nothing from PN yet but I cannot believe that this has nothing to do with their platform balancing and failures on other hubs. Just wish they would let us know instead of the resolved gibberish.
N/A

Hi, yep several posts on here and broadband help section regarding slow speeds...
ChrisC
suec45
Grafter

SOrry guys, I had left bitorrent running by accident and it had 400 connections. Sad

Stopped it and browsing is fine now.
sophos9
Grafter

What are you likeHuh :roll:
johnmglen
Grafter

If only it were that simple. I'll be moving away from this lot soon, and I've been loyal to them for ages. Sad really but what do you expect, they have been Tiscalified :lol: and I link:censored off away from those lunatics years ago because they were as mad as a box of frogs and twice as rubbish.

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Attempt to bypass the swear filter removed :
link:rules
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The problem with the platform being out of balance was resolved, there was a line card failure on one of the gateways that caused a number of customers to be disconnected. However, there's still a bit of an inbalance in the platform with PTN-AG2 having less customers connected than the others.

Also, always worth checking the BT speedtester as well as a slower speed here would indicate local exchange side contention kicking in as well.
johnmglen
Grafter

The fault was apparently not in my neck of the woods and a speed of 28k ish is more than a bit of inbalance. My connection is so poor that the BT test won't even run now. I knew this would start once PN were Tiscali'd.

Oh yeh, and contention is all showing green according to BT as is my connection. I am baffled, this is new.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you've been Tiscalied the status of the BT exchange is irrelevant!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dannykos
Grafter

i've gone back to sub 500 speedtests on LLU - nice Evil
jagger
Grafter

It took fifteen seconds for the forum to load from the portal,and 25 seconds to load the community support section.

I just remembered why I hardly come in here any more,except to have a whinge at the decline in (declining? Wink ) service.

My day on l8nc.Check out those fashionable errors and essential packet loss figures right under Target Name.A full house.

Linky

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Changed image to a URL as it was stretching the page.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The fault was apparently not in my neck of the woods and a speed of 28k ish is more than a bit of inbalance. My connection is so poor that the BT test won't even run now.

This sounds more like a fault on the line or at the exchange, have you tried the old BT Speedtest?

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/btwspeedtest.htm