cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else [censored] off

N/A

Any one else pissed off with the fact that this isp offers a service for over 50% less money (2mb) that what your paying !

Plus paying for a service that they can't actually offer ? 20:1 when all they can actually give you is 30:1 !
4 REPLIES
N/A

just to let mods know, when you click on member centre and get taken back to that main page on the 3 topics you can see to click on the words in this topic title isnt censored.
LiamM
Grafter

Kool.... never noticed that one before..... makes sense though.. thanks for the heads up, I've edited the title manually.
LiamM
Grafter

Re: Anyone else [censored] off

I agree with you in part, jesterq. Fortunately, being a mod meant I knew about these changes as they werehappening on the forums and was able to downgrade my account for free at the earliest oppertunity. However, this has not been the case for thousands of customers who are still left paying over the odds, sometimes nearly twice the amount for the same service.

Plus paying for a service that they can't actually offer ? 20:1 when all they can actually give you is 30:1 !

It might be worth reading the Contention guide on the portal. The 30:1 figure relates to Plusnet Network Contention. At the exchange, a max contention of 50:! is applied, so basically if the exchange is overloaded, the worst speeds you can expect are 50:1 ratio'ed. BT Network contention is negligable if your exchange is in the Green. Hence then the PN Network ratio comes into effect. Basically means you are guaranteed that as a minimum, do long as the exchange is OK, but it never gets that bad.

Plusnet can offer whatever contention they like. They could offer 2:1 and still provide it. That would make a 2Mb connection at least 1Mb. Which is way below the speeds most get for 2Mb, I get way over that. But so long as theres no BT Network congestion, and you're not contended above 2:1 on BT's network, then once you're into PN's network, you are guaranteed 2:1.

It's hard to explain, and it was hard to get our heads around, but look for the Network Contention FAQ on the portal and itmakes it a bit easier.
N/A

hummph...

The connection ratio i can live with .. the thing that really erk's me is the fact that they are quite blantantly exploting there existing customers into paying over the odd's for a service that they offer at a far cheaper price.

it's not like i live within the plus net portal and review all there announcements everyday.

They haven't even had the curtesy to send me an email saying there offering the service cheaper ! that's was p's me off ! it's a rip off .. think it's time to change isp personal.