cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone been emailed about MaxDSL activation?

Misterel

Oh no, not another MaxDSL thread/ rant / whine... Smiley - sorry...

Just a quick question really - has anybody who knows that they have definately been "upgraded" to MaxDSL been emailed to say that they have?

I ask as I requested this back when the Queue Jump procedure was advertised though as a fairly recent Broadband Plus member didn't expect to see anything of it until about September and have heard absolutely nothing further by email.

However I have just found where Open and Closed tickets live Smiley
7:06pm, Tuesday 25th April 2006
Please consider this acknowledgement that we are aware that you have requested to be regraded to MaxDSL as a priority.
We will endeavour to submit your order ASAP. You will receive an email when the order is placed and another when it completes.

3:54pm, Wednesday 3rd May 2006
automatically closed

My router has been reporting:
DownStream Connection Speed 8128 kbps (in fact it never lists it as less than this now)
UpStream Connection Speed 448 kb
(which would tally with MaxDSL) since about the middle of May
(I've no idea about my SNR - the KLS 5810 doesn't go into that kind of detail)
I'm ~500m from my exchange as the crow flies, most checkers claim I should be able to get above 6.5 Mb and the PlusNet predicter claims I have an 8000 Mb connection (but no "High Speed Broadband" link hidden among the "My account" links)
The Plus speed tester has never read above 2636.1 even in the dead of night and has gone down to 535 on occasion (which would tally with MaxDSL)

So do PlusNet actually let you know if you've been Maxed or not?
6 REPLIES
N/A

I am now Max'd but I never received any communication to say I had been. Just did a speed test one day and discovered it.
N/A

Would be very surprised if anyone got an email notifying. This is yet another example of plusnet not keeping their word. Customer support improvements anyone?

Change of LLU notification - I don't think so.
I'm sure they will apologise again for emails not going out to a FEW customers. At this stage I do not believe a word of it. Short term placation is the game while they do whatever they want. This is no longer an ISP you can have any confidence in keeping their word.
lunarjetman
Grafter

I didn't get an email and I don't know anyone who did. I stumbled across the fact that I'd been Maxed whilst idly browsing my router stats.

There may have been, but I don't recall seeing it, and explanation from plusnet about the missing emails.
N/A

Same here - no email, just found suddenly that my router was syncing at 8MB with an initial download of rate of just over 2Mb. After 4-5 five days my rate went up to 5.5Mb Smiley .
Note, I was a bit worried at first, as it states some where on the site that if after tests it is found that you connection isn't compatible with the MAX product, no email would be sent and your service wouldn't be upgraded.
Plusnet can please you clarify.
ID
Grafter

I did Smiley got it about 8 days before activation.
N/A

I didn't.
Submitted a q-jump ticket about a couple of weeks before going on holiday. Came home and found I was getting evening disconnections and things seemed faster. So I checked my stats and I'd been maxed. Don't know what effect, if any, having nothing switched on for the first 9 days had though.

I received the q-jump acknowledgement and that was all. I have been very concerned about LLU, as my exchange is due for it in August. CS assured me I'd be emailed in plenty of time to opt out or request my mac if I didn't want to go down the path of no return. But as I never had an email to tell me I was to be maxed, and few seem to have had one about an LLU move, I'm worried. Especially as it could happen during the reorganisation.