cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody on a 20:1 contention got MaxDSL yet??

aetos
Grafter

ANYBODY ON A 20:1 CONTENTION GOT MAXDSL YET??

Hi,

I am looking to see if anyone on a business product (eg teleworker pro) has got transfered to Maxdsl ??

Thanks

MArk

Moderators note by chris (fa55dsl): All caps title replaced, this is considered rude and shouting, please avoid this in future.
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

This depends on which package you are on that offers the 20:1 contention. For example, if you were on the old 512k Teleworker Pro, rather than the 1mb or 2mb versions, then you won't have been upgraded yet. We've had a few customers mention elsewhere on the forums that they've been upgraded to Max after paying for it for several months.
aetos
Grafter

I'm on the 2mb version at present and have beening paying for the up to 8mb package.

Are there any refundsHuh

MArk
JonathanW
Grafter

There are currently four different TeleWorker Pro packages in the system at the moment. Only two of these have already been upgraded, the second two from this list. The first one will be handled along with all of the other PayG packages and will be upgraded shortly. Then the last one, listed as Up to 2mb, will be upgraded with everyone else, unles you put in a queue jump ticket and leave it open until someone comments on that ticket saying that an order has been placed.

PlusNet TeleWorker Pro Pay as you Go @ £19.99
PlusNet TeleWorker Pro Premier - Up to 2Mb @ £29.99
PlusNet TeleWorker Pro Premier - Up to 4Mb @ £44.99
PlusNet TeleWorker Pro Premier - Up to 8Mb @ £65.99
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hi
I think there is some confusion over Plus net packages, due to name changes in the past... The link below shows current business products this includes teleworker (confusingly also refered to as homeworker!). Only ONE of these is now offered at the 20:1 contention as far as I know. That is the Business package.
In the past some accounts were "provisioned" on the 20:1 BT lines whilst some were actually sold as on the 20:1 lines.

http://www.plus.net/business/broadband/business_features.shtml

The BT contention and then the Plus Net contentions are no longer shown in this list but the upstream speeds give you a clue!

BT contention 20:1 now = MAX Premium (10:1 contention on Plus Net)

BT contention 50:1 Now = Max DSL (30:1 contention on Plus Net)

As for prices...The above list (Plus Net) does NOT tie up with the one shown over on ADSL guide

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/ispinfo.asp?isp=plusnet