cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else bombarded by "peak time usage exceeded&quo

N/A

After holding for an hour for customer support, I have been reassured that this is indeed a bug, should not have gone out, and does not affect your usage allowances in any way. Apparently I'm not the only person affected.

A sticky in this forum, or an email would've been nice, but hopefully this message saves other people some anxiety.
4 REPLIES
N/A

I have had 2 emails, one giving me an alert saying I was close to my 10g limit (I am on option 2) and one yesterday saying that I had exceeded it, and was now being lightly shaped!

This is indeed a bug, and Plusnet are doing their best to resolve it, I imagine the best way is to bear with them while they try and sort it (new things always have little bugs to iron out) if you do get concerned, then just drop a ticket like I did, and they look into it.

But if you do know you havent exceeded your limit, and get an email, I wouldnt worry too much at the moment.
probshaw
Dabbler

lightly shaped????

I am on a get fit bing could plus net lightly shape my gutHuh
N/A

I have had 2 emails, one giving me an alert saying I was close to my 10g limit (I am on option 2) and one yesterday saying that I had exceeded it, and was now being lightly shaped!

This is indeed a bug, and Plusnet are doing their best to resolve it, I imagine the best way is to bear with them while they try and sort it (new things always have little bugs to iron out) if you do get concerned, then just drop a ticket like I did, and they look into it.

But if you do know you havent exceeded your limit, and get an email, I wouldnt worry too much at the moment.

Well its a Fu****g bug that should have been sorted by now.
excuse my french but we had these problems 2-3 weeks ago with plus net restricting our Broadband access when we hit 10GB instead of 15Gb (op 2 customers). We were told last week that this minor problem would be sorted but it seems that Its still not. The problem being is that Most of us will reach the end of our billing period and automatically be unrestricted, Then thinking that its been fixed we will happily chug away until the problems hit again at 10GB and we have to go thru it all again... Evil Evil

I would hope that We will be getting some type of rebate because we are paying extra (29.99) for option 2 But only receiving 10GB option 1.
As a one off problem its not so bad as long as its sorted but if it happens again this month then surely this pratice is iilegal as We are paying for a service we aren't receiving. i.e. clearly it states on plus nets website that Option 2 customers are not resticted untill they reach 15GB peak usage.

Sorry for the extended rant but this situation is really getting out of hand. If Plus net can't sort out Option 2 usage then They really need to start charging us For option 1 Until such a time when they get it sorted... :shock: :shock:
N/A

You must have been unlucky then, because although I had the email, I didnt get the actual restrictions, I was still happily downloading at the full 2mb whilst waiting for an answer.

That said, yes it is annoying, but if you can just wait whilst they try to iron it out, it might be a little better than shouting about it, you will only get one person uptight, thats yourself mate, and NOTHING in this life is worth getting uptight about, just relax a little, be patient, I am sure they will sort it eventually.