cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any1 else sudenly getting low speeds?

N/A

I've been getting 0.9mb down and 0.2 up on my 8mb connection for the last day or two. Anyone else suffering?
Is there a fault or something?
9 REPLIES
N/A

N/A

NO NO, THANKS ANYWAY, ITS NOT A P2P PROBLEM, IT'S JUST MY CONNECTION SPEED, 0.9 AND 0.2 UPLOAD
AND IT'S ONLY BEEN HAPPENING FOR THE LAST 2 DAYS

EXCUSE the capitals, am not shouting but am too lazy now to redo, thanks..getting Link:censored off

Modorators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed and swear filter avoidance corrected. Link:rules
shellsong
Grafter

If the problem is connection speed as opposed to download/upload speed how about publishing your stats so we can try and figure out what's going on?
N/A

I am getting poor speeds too. bras is stuck on 500..usually 2000.
Getting lots of disconnects during peak hours last couple of days as well. Usually very stable. When i am connected im getting lag spikes in games. Overall its been crap for two (maybe three) days now.
N/A

I am getting poor speeds too. bras is stuck on 500..usually 2000.
Getting lots of disconnects during peak hours last couple of days as well. Usually very stable. When i am connected im getting lag spikes in games. Overall its been <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a> for two (maybe three) days now.

ditto.
*shell, thank's for trying to help, but really, I'm very tired of the 'show stats'. It's truely not important. Everything was 100% fine and very fast 3 days ago, and fore well over 1 month prior. It's a problem not at my end, or on my line. Thanks anyway though. Smiley
shellsong
Grafter

I sympathise with you machina777 but believe me when I say stats are a valuable diagnostic tool and circumstances change them-- what may have been true a couple of days ago may well be different now and the changes can help find the root cause

What is often useless is reams and reams of Speedtests because much of the time they present an unreal picture of what is happening-- about the only really useful one is the BT one because it removes the effect of the PlusNet network from the equation
N/A

Ok, is there a site, as simple as can be, to find the rellevent data i need? I couldnt understand the BT speedtest thingy.
Is there a simple way to find my stats?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Community Veteran

Just found yet another post by the OP on the same subject on another part of the forums here

This thread locked in favour of the other one.
Please don't cross post on these forums.