cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reasons to stay?

bluejam
Grafter

Any reasons to stay?

Are there any? I don't like the hassle of moving ISPs too often so I'm not happy about having to move but it doesn't really seem worth it. They restricted my account after I downloaded about 60gb in one month and when they unrestricted it again, I was very careful about how much I was downloading and about the peak and off peak hours but it seems I'm restricted again.

Unless Plusnet have something good coming very soon, I'm just going to have to move somewhere more reasonable.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Any reasons to stay?

It would be worth asking what was your peak time usage.
The reason for this is that changing to the up to 4MB product will give you up to 45GB peak time usage plus 105GB off peak.
This may get you out of the problem and is still a reasonably priced deal at £24.99
Note that with the new usage monitor you can see what your peak usage is.
N/A

Any reasons to stay?

bluejam join another isp like me,it will be worth the hassle in the longrun.
bluejam
Grafter

Any reasons to stay?

It would be worth asking what was your peak time usage.
The reason for this is that changing to the up to 4MB product will give you up to 45GB peak time usage plus 105GB off peak.
This may get you out of the problem and is still a reasonably priced deal at £24.99
Note that with the new usage monitor you can see what your peak usage is.

What exactly are the peak hours? I was under the impression that they were around 4pm to 12pm? Maybe longer at weekends?

The problem is, will I have to have my line regraded again? So I can get 4mb?
N/A

Any reasons to stay?

4pm-12mid 7 days a week
bluejam
Grafter

Any reasons to stay?

I just checked, 4mb isn't available yet and it's actually £29.99. To be honest, proper 2mb speeds are enough for me, so I could probably get cheaper uncapped.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Any reasons to stay?

You're right I was looking at the BB+ price. Shockedops:
N/A

Any reasons to stay?

well i got dc++ running trying to get a file of 3 mates and cant get more than 6k sec theres limiting and limiting i have a premier acct and last months usage was a massive 6 gig NOt exactly troughing the internet i would say if this dont
improve i have a feeling me and my meagre 6 gigs a month will be jumping ship along with the 10 other people i have introduced to plusnet Sad not really good enough is it !!!
N/A

Any reasons to stay?

well bluejam its up to you if you stay.. but after being with plusnet for 34 months and for 32 of those months never downloading more than 10gb they slowed me down so much i could not even open the plusnet home page ..get my emails .. including the one telling me id been a bad bad boy !! .. i could not use the internet for 4 days... i was online yes router connected..but nothing no bandwidth at all...

to keep a long story short.. i had the normal friendly but totaly pointless chat with customer support. he even told me to go to a friends house and use his internet connection to ask for the restriction to be lifted from my account !!!
what a joke £23 a month and cost of a phone call and now i got to waste petrol !!

one thing they did do nice and quick was give me my mac key..

thanks pn ...i nearly made it to 3 years ...its a shame as i found all my time here except the last 3 weeks good.

now see if i can find a isp that sticks to its UNLIMITED downloads

keith g