cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any problems with e-mail?

N/A

The status says that e-mail is OK, however I am unable to send any mail. It times out after 1 minute. Any problems with SMTP?

Is anybody having the same problem?. The other day I had a problem with POP3 because my account starts with an F.
Cry
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I've just sent myself a test email I'll post back if it errors / arrvies...
Community Veteran

and arrived...
N/A

Thank you

I have deleted the email that I was trying to send ( to an AOL address), and send one to myself and it is OK.

I shall try to resend to AOL
N/A

Again, it has time out and did not send the e-mail. The only difference between the test email and this one, is that it has got a 15mb attachment.
Community Veteran

hmm, perhaps try sending the test email with the 15mb attachment see what happens there?
N/A

Again, it has timed out, sending it to myself. Is there a limit on the size of the attachments?.

I am going to try with a small size attachment
N/A

It does not appear to be the size. I have tried an attachment (68KB) and again it has timed out.

Any ideas anybody?

Thank you
N/A

usijng hotmail, it took me 12 minutes to add attachment, should have been 5. dont know if it's related or something Sad
N/A

It took 33 minutes, but eventually the attachment went over.

Thank you for your input
N/A

Hi there,

I have tried to replicate this issue and have no difficulty sending email with attachments of varying sizes.

What AV software are you using? Can you try sending mail with your AV temporarily disabled, purely for test purposes?
N/A

I use AVG, and yesterday I did not have any problems.

I have not changed any settings.

Eventually I managed to send the attachment, but it took 33 minutes. I am on broadband, and normally I do not have any issues sending this attachment size.

Thank you