Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any positive post?

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Any positive post?

No matter what forum you go to there is nothing but negative post about PlusNet. It seems to get worse by the day and makes very depressing reading. For a company that relies on referals for new business it must be costing them thousands in lost revenue.

How could a company with such a good reputation in the past get into such a state? The sad thing is they don't apear to be doing anything to retify the shambles but instead seem intent on making things worse.
25 REPLIES
loony
Grafter

Any positive post?

i have been with plusnet for nearly 2 years and apart from recently i have had no problem with the service, but then i dont use USEnet or file share much just online gaming and surfing.

its a shame that i may consider leaving but i just hope they get sorted soon as i only pay £16 a month for 2Mb premier now all my referals are active.

i think its normal for any fast expanding company to have problems and im sure it is a case of grass is greener with a lot of complaints, but where do you go from here?
most of my limited customer service querys have been positive and solved soon after, and i notice they have introduced an opt out for the idle timeouts on BB+ (tho what the consequences are i dont know)

i dread the day when i get a phone call from one of my friends i have referred saying they are unhappy with PN as it will make me look pretty stupid.

most posts on adslguide are negative towards there respective ISP's and i guess the more customers you have the more complaints will arise.

have you ever heard a good word about microsoft on a forum?

price, performance, customer service?
pick any two
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Any positive post?

Its probably mostly due to trying to get a quart into a pint pot. I remember when we still had network utilisation charts which gave total usage it was seen then that the network was hitting the capacity limit. Since then PlusNet have massively increased their customers and there is a natural tendency to download more, or at least faster, with higher speeds. As BT have now almost completed the automatic speed upgrades most users are now on 2MB connections.
I suspect that this Christmas holiday was when things really started to get difficult and the Ellacoya control systems started to really have to work for their money. The results are there to see - gaming pings unusable, reported low download speeds, heavy capping on BB+ to get the usage down to a low level (5GB or 6GB max apparently).
I don't think the answer is more capacity as this is just not cost effective and the present uncapped usage on Premier of up to 30GB peak time can't be helping. What will happen as the Metronet leachers Smiley with 90GB or more uncapped come onto the network is anybody's guess.
N/A

Any positive post?

When you want to drive on the road you need to buy a car from a car dealer
Right

In the same way when you want to go on the internet you need to obtain an IP from an ISP.
OK

When you buy your car you’re not told that you can’t drive it from this time to this time or you can only drive at this speed during these hours. Or perhaps you are only allowed to drive 1000 miles a month.

But it seems when you buy an IP and gateway to the internet you have all these types of restrictions.

They same works with almost anything you can purchase. Like a phone you buy it and you can use it anytime for as long as you.

I want to see the internet move forward so we can start streaming DVD quality movies over the internet and such things.. The answer is not capping people but expanding the network.

We should be leaping forward in broadband not crawling backwards.
loony
Grafter

Any positive post?

thats fair enough, but if you compare internet usage with a car and look at it closely there are some similaritys,

you buy a car because its cheap, you tell a friend what a great car it is and they buy that car, someone sees this is a good way to make money so they all start to sell cars cheap,that car wins an award, everyone buys that car, you then pay car tax, you then pay for fuel, now everyone has bought cheap cars and they drive their cars because they like to all the time so now we have gridlock and probably so much pollution you wouldnt be able to breathe.so someone takes note of this and so the fuel price goes up to counter this and then the tax goes up etc to try to keep balance.they then build new roads so people can drive more and have less traffic....it goes on until you run out of land.

i think technology is moving so fast if you spend all your money expanding the newtork in a particular way, then someone brings out a new protocal or standard that you then have to upgrade to it will take time to adjust.

2Mb connection ADSL was like £40 a month maybe a year ago and now you can get 8 MB for maybe £25 a month if your lucky,

thing is with the phone you are charged for how much you use it, if you use it all the time and if your willing to pay then fair enough.
everythings got caps and restrictions somewhere along the line.

so is it down to bad management that we have these problems now?

and do we think we will be complaing about the same issues in 3 months time?
i hope its just a blip, or maybe im completely wrong , im sure some one will tell me here that my cars crap and i should migrate to another car......
N/A

Any positive post?

im sure some one will tell me here that my cars crap and i should migrate to another car......

I am sorry to have to tell you this but your car is crap. May I suggest you upgrade to the all new improved Robin Reliant Turbo with all new improved anti roll weight distrobution ( for that ultimate 3 whelled racing touch ) and a brand new 2 cylinder engine ( a vast improvement on the original 1 cylinder featured in some of our earlier models). Cheesy :lol:

Sorry I had to, that last line in your post just made me want to :lol:
loony
Grafter

Any positive post?

yes i walked it to that one....but now im going to sue you for saying 1 cylinder robin reliants are crap, so why did you sell it to me in the first place. Smiley
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Any positive post?

This thread has gone off topic. What can PlusNet do to get back it's reputation? Can it ever get back it's reputation and turn all the negative post into possitive post?
N/A

Any positive post?

lol ok bad examples =p
N/A

Any positive post?

yes i walked it to that one....but now im going to sue you for saying 1 cylinder robin reliants are crap, so why did you sell it to me in the first place. Smiley

When having consulted us you were advised that the 1 cylinder was suffice for getting from point A to point B without any real need for speed or constant thrashing of the engine.

Sorry glloyd, last one I promise
loony
Grafter

Any positive post?

This thread has gone off topic. What can PlusNet do to get back it's reputation? Can it ever get back it's reputation and turn all the negative post into possitive post?

I really hope so, to keep me happy all i want is my low ping back so i can get back to fragging.hopefully its a technical issue that can be resolved fairly quickly.

after a quick look round the forum it seems to be the BB+ accounts that most people are unhappy about.

a while back it was FTP that was the issue, now its USEnet and file sharing.
If plusnet want to get there reputation back all they have to do is read these forums and do something about the complaints.
loony
Grafter

Any positive post?

When having consulted us you were advised that the 1 cylinder was suffice for getting from point A to point B without any real need for speed or constant thrashing of the engine.

Sorry glloyd, last one I promise

LMAO
loony
Grafter

Any positive post?

i expect if iwe could get a look at Nidram, pipex or any other ISPs forums you would see similar posts and complaints?

just be glad you didnt sign up to Tesco or Tiscali
egrog52
Grafter

Any positive post?

I wouldn't hesitate to recomend Plusnet to anyone that was going to download less than 20GB a month because as far as I am concerned it works fine for me so why would it not be the same for them
N/A

Re: Any positive post?

No matter what forum you go to there is nothing but negative post about PlusNet. It seems to get worse by the day and makes very depressing reading.

I was just writing a similar post on ADSLguide, and came here to find a recent post on the portal forums which I wanted to link to, but seeing as you've pretty much covered exactly what I was thinking, it proves to me that I'm not the only one that has noticed it.

I'm generally happy with PlusNet (otherwise I'd have left) but dis-satisfaction is setting in slowly but surely, and there really doesn't seem much positivity about, wherever you look. I want to know what PlusNet's doing about it. What they're doing to stem the flow of downwards satisfaction as recorded by external comparison sites (adslguide, dslzone), and also the general "opinion" that actively posting members of forums seem to have of the company/service. I'd also like more details about the internal customer feedback results (which is the topic I was trying to find, to post a link to) which claimed that those results had also gone down (but I can't remember exactly what was said, hence coming back here to find it).

I realise you'll always get people complaining about something, even with a "perfect" product, but there seems to be a lot of people complaining lately, and not much being done that I can see, to prevent further complaints of the same nature... Over to you, PlusNet...