cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one else notice?

Fixes: 115

Any one else notice?

That when you reach level one restrictions Usenet is reduced to worse than dial-up rather than the 256Kbps it is supposed to be?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
N/A

Any one else notice?

I have noticed that Usenet reduces to less than dialup speeds regularly without any management applied!
Liam
Grafter

Any one else notice?

We're currently in the process of testing an update to our traffic management system which should improve your speeds at all times to within the remit of the product design.

At the moment, within peak times, encrypted P2P is creating a very busy network - and these updates should be able to handle the management of encrypted P2P which means genuine users who are within the product design should benefit from increased speeds across advanced protocols.

Any one else notice?

to johnessex

Sorry about the double posts although I did not post the original message twice, I clicked Submit just the once then after a long wait two threads appeared.

Hope this clarifies things a little.

Cheers

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Any one else notice?

I have noticed that Usenet reduces to less than dialup speeds regularly without any management applied!

I opened a ticket regarding this and this is how the questions and responses went:

Hi

Having got to the Light Restriction stage this month I notice that my Usenet is now blocked yet your retrictions inform me that it should be only restricted to 256Kbs during peak hours.

Please could you look into this.

Regards

Dear ,
Please confirm if you were getting good download speeds via Usenet before and if this is on all Usenet (ie. not just one) servers?

Hi

I was getting excellent DL speeds before Level 1 restrictions. I use Giganews and have had no other problems with them.

I noticed the same restrictions both last month and the previous month under level 1 restrictions so I doubt it is an issue with Giganews.

Using PlusNet's own servers I am getting fast DLs (no binaries, obviously). The same NGs on Giganews are extremely slow.

Previous months the problem has lifted soon after midnight that is why I doubt it is a problem with Giganews' servers.

Regards

Dear ,
Your usenet access to will be restricted on level 1 to 256kb during peek time and outside peek time 00-00 to 16-00 your speeds will return to normal.

This will reset once your billing date passes and your bandwidth reset

It's no wonder people resort to getting their tickets answered here and thanks lmartin for your more informative reply in this thread.

Cheers

Any one else notice?

We're currently in the process of testing an update to our traffic management system which should improve your speeds at all times to within the remit of the product design.

Are there any further details regarding this testing and a solution to the almost non-existent Usenet downloads I am experiencing?

Thanks.