cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea when i will be upgraded to 4mb line???

N/A

As heading asks is there a site i can go to to find out when my exchange will be upgraded to the 4mb line Huh
10 REPLIES
N/A

When BT finish trials and decide if they're even going to make it available publicly.

To my knowledge closed trials have only just finished and a more open public trial should be starting soon.

MaxDSL (up to 8mb) is not a service that can be provided by any ISP at this moment. Personally I feel that Plus Net have done their customers a huge disservice by advertising this service as "coming soon" and effectively selling it when they really have no clue when BT might actually make it available.

See many other threads on this forum.
LiamM
Grafter

BT have stated April 2006 for public rollout.

I would downgrade now and save yourself some money. The amount you'll save will cover the £14.99 Plusnet will charge you to upgrade.
N/A

Re: Any idea when i will be upgraded to 4mb line???

As heading asks is there a site i can go to to find out when my exchange will be upgraded to the 4mb line Huh

If bt upgrade the exchange next year, expect plusnet to offer it by 2030 with a 1gig limit and bandwidth restrictions on browsing
Spuddy
Grafter

There's no need to be SO pessimistic Mark!
I'm sure they'll manage it before then, 2029 I heard Cheesy
N/A

BT have stated April 2006 for public rollout.

If this is true, I would hope to see the 'Coming soon" hype removed from the portal and replaced with 'Sometime after March 2006'
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Although the full roll out is scheduled for April 2006, the next stage of the testing will be public, so people will be on these faster products before then.
N/A

Presumably those at the "front of the queue"?
N/A

so people
In view of how critical this is to the muppets paying up to £18 a month to be the first in the queue, can you explain what you mean by this. Will Pn offer those paying these excessive amounts the chance to be one of the "people" you quote, cas I would think that is what being first in the Q means.
N/A

Ive got to say im getting no answers either , im paying for a 4mb line but still on the 2mb, i think your right, ill go for the downgrade and save the money, unless we get some answers i would say everone should do the same!
N/A

You'll get upgrade in 74880+minutes or maybe never,or it could be when I win the lottery(which is very unlikely as I never play it)

Moderators note by John (johnessex) double post rmoved.