cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any help for plusnet? Already 3.5 months of dead broadband

N/A

plusnet has not been able to repair my dead braodband connection for 3.5 months! Yes, completely dead since 2 October 2006!

BT just confirmed that data were transmitted at my master socket, but plusnet cannot provide an internet connection.

Any help to forward to plusnet to explain how they could solve the problem. Thanks on behalf of plusnet.

Keep tasks simple, as plusnet are inefficient, lazy, greedy and impotent.

Moderators Note by Daniel (no7olivier) Post Moved to Community Support, which is more appropriate for this type of disscussion
30 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Have you tried the BT test login?

User Name : bt_test@startup_domain
Password : (leave blank)

If that connects try http://193.113.211.125/digitaldemo/

Let us know how you get on with that.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Thanks for your information.

First, my broadband line is completely dead since 1 October 2006, though BT Openreach broadband engineer had data transmission up to my master socket. On my side, all equipment has been tested, is working and in double: 2 PCs, 2 routers, 2 filters, many cables!

About your test, I have just tried it and set up my router to your information. It makes no difference; there is no internet broadband connection. Internet pages cannot de displayed.
Community Veteran

I presume you tried this, but if you plug the splitter in to the test socket behind the face plate on the master socket do you get the same result?
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

What router/modem are you using?
N/A

The splitter was tested by the BT Openreach broadband engineer; it works, as well as the line cable. I have tested all imaginable combinations, directly from the master socket.

About the routers, the primary one is Netgear DG834GT; the backup is BT Voyager 2110. Both tested and working.
Community Veteran

You didn't confirm whether the specific test I gave using the BT test login worked from the test socket behind the face plate. If the Openreach engineer said it was working I can't understand how this test could fail - did you actually see him get it to work?

(NB when I tried this test myself (using my DG834) it failed first time - I later found it was due to a trailing space on the login name when I copy pasted it in - double check for any slip ups like that)
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

Is the login and user name correct in the router what firmware are you using?
N/A

I have just redone the test, checking I had no trailing space on the login name. The splitter was connected directly at the master socket. It did not work. Everything remained dead.

What about the BT Openreach broadband engineer, who came on Thursday. He had a notebook and router that showed that data were being transmitted at my master socket at expected rates through a special software. He did not, however, test whether the Internet system was working with his notebook. He could witness that my broadband system did not work after putting back my router.

Few hours earlier, I had another BT Openreach engineer who brought a router that just worked at the BT exchange, but did not work at my end.
N/A

Is the login and user name correct in the router what firmware are you using?

I checked plusnet pages for all their router setup requirements and all my setups are correct.

Username: username@plusdsl.net
Password: Your standard PlusNet password
Depending on the type of router you're using, you may also need the following details:
Data Circuit Information: VPI = 0 (Virtual Path Identifier) VCI = 38 (Virtual Channel Identifier)
Data Link Encapsulation: PPPoA
PPP Properties: VC Multiplexed
Community Veteran

I have just redone the test, checking I had no trailing space on the login name. The splitter was connected directly at the master socket. It did not work. Everything remained dead.

Was that tested in the master socket, or the test socket behind the master socket?

N/A

Exactly, as you show on your picture. I have been directly connected to the master socket for the last 3.5 months.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
James
Grafter

Hi,

For the BT Engineer to be able to attain data from your connection, you would need to gain line synchronisation with the BT exchange. This relates IN IT'S ENTIRITY to the connection between your router/modem and the BT exchange. If the engineer was able to connect using his modem and filter, this would suggest a hardwarre issue at your end.
N/A

For the BT Engineer to be able to attain data from your connection, you would need to gain line synchronisation with the BT exchange.

You just mentioned a word used by BT and even by some plusnet team centre staff: synchronisation!!! Do plusnet know the meaning and how to reset it?

So far, it took over 3 months to plusnet to send a BT broadband engineer to check my line. plusnet even could not take an appointment with BT on 2 occasions; BT called me directly to arrange the timing of their visit.

plusnet "upgraded" my system and killed my connection. They denied such an event, and are too greedy to repair their damages.

About resetting the synchronisation, plusnet are the ones who should know their business and provide an efficient service. Very, very sadly, it is not what I have seen during the last 3.5 months.

At my end, all my equipment has been tested and is working. Even BT had a router which did not work at my end, but worked perfectly half-an-hour before at their exchange.
James
Grafter

Right ok. So are we saying that the engineer was not actually able to connect from your house? The impression I got from you was that they had been able to, not that it had only worked at the exchange.

If that is the case, we need to get another engineer booked for you to actually fix the problem. I am perfectly aware of what synchronisation is thank you Smiley We are not able to reset this - it's down to the service supplied to your line by BT Wholesale.