cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Premier £39 or £29 customers aware of this?

N/A

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2007396&page=0&view=&sb=&o=

In his post on AG, Dave Tomlinson is claiming that Premier customers paying £39.99 or £29.99 have enjoyed higher data transfer allowances than Premier £21.99 (Up-to-2MB) customers since April. Has anyone on these tariffs ever been advised of this prior to Neil Armstrong's statement on August 15 at http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=211122#211122 ?

Has anyone paying £39.99 or £29.99 ever received an acceptable use warning email from PlusNet since April for exceeding their soft cap?

I was tempted to run a poll but I didn't want to give saboteurs the opportunity to fix it.

Simon
10 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Any Premier £39 or £29 customers aware of this?

Has anyone paying £39.99 or £29.99 ever received an acceptable use warning email from PlusNet since April for exceeding their soft cap?

Not me, anyway.
N/A

But what is the soft cap? Without that information how can anybody make sensible decisions on whether they are on the correct tariff?
N/A

But what is the soft cap? Without that information how can anybody make sensible decisions on whether they are on the correct tariff?

I think the most recent warning emails were sent to people downloading more than 150GB (but Neil Armstrong has this month published some new guidelines which look like 100/150/200GB for Premier 2/4/8MB customers).

Simon
N/A

Hm, not exactly overrun with responders. I'll try to simplify the question:

Q1. Has any Premier customer who has paid £39.99 or £29.99 at any time between April 28 and August 15 ever been told by email, by a PlusNet human being, via a ticket or by any part of the PlusNet website that they are entitled to a higher "acceptable use" data transfer limit because they stayed on the higher tariff?

Q2. Has any of the same customers ever received a written warning from PlusNet asking them to curb their usage or be put on a low-speed profile?

All verifiable Yes answers go into a prize draw to win a Netgear wireless PC card or £20 cash!

Simon
N/A

No I never did and I am one of the people on the bad boys network now, I was paying £29.99 but when I complained they suddenly dropped it to £21.99 but didnt mention anything about higher rate of date usage to me.
N/A

Re: Any Premier £39 or £29 customers aware of this?

In his post on AG, Dave Tomlinson is claiming that Premier customers paying £39.99 or £29.99 have enjoyed higher data transfer allowances than Premier £21.99 (Up-to-2MB) customers since April. Has anyone on these tariffs ever been advised of this prior to Neil Armstrong's statement on August 15 at http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=211122#211122 ?

Simon

Hi Simon

when i rang to change my 39.99 per mth account down to 21.99 per month, i specifically asked what was the limits on the lower charge. I was told that there was none but dont abuse your connection. At the time this happened was after the FUP abortion and so i think they were covering thereselves into saying there was no caps as such. I remeber posting this info on the forum ages ago but cant remember when :-(

But categorically was not told that if i remained on the higher tariff would i have any further benefits
N/A

1) no,
but i guessed that it would be the case, as the contented service of an 8mbit account should be higher than that of a 2mbit account, how ever when i created a thread that brought that question up (wasn't the main question) it was ignored by plusnet staff

2) no
Jun-Jul 132.14GB
Jul-Aug 164GB
N/A

Not advised here either.
N/A

Nope not me Cheesy
N/A

Was anybody told, perhaps PN staff would like to tell us who they did tell that higher tarrif = higher usage allowance.

Silence WILL be taken as nobody.