cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Email problems?

Community Veteran

Any Email problems?

Anyone aware of email problems - since my regrade to PAYG on Tuesday Ive received no emails at all from anyone other than support@plus.net

Ive tried sending some from work, but thats not working either - has something fallen over?
38 REPLIES
sam
Grafter

Any Email problems?

Hi,

I have had a look at your account and there are quite a few sitting in there since the begining of the week.

Are you getting any errors when trying to accesss them?

I have refreshed your mailboxes and this can take up to 4 hours to complete. Let me know if this doesn't resolve the problem and I will have another look.
bill
Grafter

Any Email problems?

I have the same problem as chesterfield. I changed from BB+ to PAYG on Wednesday and have since had no email except those from Plusnet. Changed back to BB+ yesterday. Raised a ticket on Thursday and added comments today. Plusnet acknowledged the ticket early hours this morning but I am still unable to receive messages.
Community Veteran

Any Email problems?

Im not receiving any errors trying to access email - its just as though there arent any there.

Authenticates, checks for new messages, and then disconnects.

Also - there are no mails other than those from Plusnet in my webmail view on the portal either.
N/A

Any Email problems?

Same here regraded to PAYG from Premier on Thursday at roughly 9pm. No e-mail except plusnet customer support since then. No error messages , connecting okay. No mails in webmail either! Using IMAP.

Help!!!!! :roll:
James
Grafter

Any Email problems?

There's definitely some component oddness going on here.

As such I've raised Problem: 40071 as a P2 to our Development Team.
N/A

Any Email problems?

Hi James,

Any idea as to when the problem will be solved? It's kind of urgent.

John
James
Grafter

Any Email problems?

I'd love to have an answer for you, but given how it's the weekend, and it's not a P1, I really can't see it being fixed before close of play on Monday at the earliest.
N/A

Any Email problems?

Can it be assumed then that no mail is being lost? I would love some reassurance. Because if it is then surely it should be sorted as a matter of urgency!
James
Grafter

Any Email problems?

The mail appears to still be there, it's just not letting you access it.

I'm trying to get someone to look into this for you.
bill
Grafter

Any Email problems?

I have the same problem for which I raised a ticket Thursday afternoon. The analysts did maintenance on my account early hours Friday morning and again early this morning without success. Do I now understand that the problem will be shelved until Monday? If so, is it nomally accepted that 4 or 5 days without being able to receive email is reasonable?
James
Grafter

Any Email problems?

Nope, I've managed to get this prioritised for you. The problem itself has been fixed, but the account affected will need some work to return email access accordingly.

I'd expect this to be fixed over the course of today/tomorrow.

Apologies for the inconveniences caused.
bill
Grafter

Any Email problems?

Hello James,
Thank you for your help and for your reassuring reply.
N/A

Any Email problems?

Coming up to 2.5 days with no e-mail. :?

Anyone suffering from this problem had it resolved yet and if you did any loss of mail?

John
bill
Grafter

Any Email problems?

Still suffering. I received another Email from Plusnet early this morning with the usual "maintenance has been carried out.....wait 4 hours and try" and also a link to a video on how to set up Outlook Express. I shall answer once again that the only Emails I get are from Plusnet and my email settings are and always have been correct. I will then probably get an Email in the early hours tomorrow with the usual "maintenance" message, which I shall answer and wait another day; this could go on forever....please tell me that it won't. They know this problem is affecting others who did an upgrade to PAYG at about the same time.
If a problem that requires asking the customer questions can't be solved after the first attempt or two why can't the analyst talk the problem through with the customer in one session instead this one day one question torture?

All I did was upgrade from BB+ to PAYG and change my Plusnet password (not Email) in accordance with the Plusnet security message. Well, I've learnt my lesson and am back on BB+; where I shall remain. This experience has given me a better understanding as to why there are so many frustrated and disgruntled subscribers to our forum.

Feeling better already.