cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti Virus and Spam

N/A

Anti Virus and Spam

I have a long standing sarga with using the bundled services that are provided by Plus Net, specifically the Anti Virus Protection and the Anti Spam feature.

For months I requested that Anti Spam features be turned off, as the portal site did not make a difference so I logged many calls regarding this, and eventually Anti Spam was turned off, but I have now noticed that all emails in and out are not being checked by Anti Virus it appears. So on portal this morning I reavtivated Anti Virus only and low and behold Anti Spam is turned back on, Cry but why? I do not want the Spam header function but i want the Anti Virus function. Does any one have a similiar desire and are you able to get this combination working, i.e. spam off and virus on.

Regards
D.
3 REPLIES
lingbob
Grafter

Anti Virus and Spam

I have "Spam Protection" OFF and "AntiVirus Protection" ON and it all works just fine here. Can't imagine why it doesn't work for you, sorry.
carrot63
Grafter

Anti Virus and Spam

I had the same problem in reverse a couple of years ago; I wanted anti spam on and anti virus off, but the portal just wouldnt play. The only solution was to get support to change the settings and then leave it alone - even then it took a couple of goes for it to "stick".
N/A

Anti Virus and Spam

Logged another call regarding this and again its not a striaght forward process of flicking switches, being escalated to another department apparently, but I don't think they work at the weekend's. :? Sad Shocked

I am using SpamBayes pluggin to Outlook, which is free from http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ and I find it great.

Anybody else using other spam pluggin products (especially free ones to try)