cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another webstats question

kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Another webstats question

I tried to post this to 'Contact Us', but it appears that you're not expected to have more than one query for 'Contact Us' at anyone time Cheesy

In order to get 'Webalizer' to perform reverse DNS lookups, the configuration file needs to be set to point to the DNS cache filename.

What should this filename be on criticalmass, and what is the full pathname.

Many thanks in advance.

Neil Gardner
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Another webstats question

Hi,
As the request was in relation to your initial enquiry, it can be added to thier (I see you already have), someone from Networks should be able to answer this, the ticket is currently with them at the moment.

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen ............................... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant ................... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd .......................... http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------Thanks
Chris
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Thanks Chris.

I actually tried to open a new problem with the 'I have a problem' option, but it just appended it to the existing problem (not what I intended).

For future reference, how does one open a second (or more) ticket? Say, for example, during the time my current ticket is 'open', I have a major problem that needs to be resolved through 'Contact Us'. Surely it must be possible to get it logged without closing my previous unresolved ticketHuh

Neil
N/A

Hi,

You should simply be able to click on "I have a Problem", go through the wizard and raise a new ticket if need be.

Thanks
Chris
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Nope Smiley

Just tried that - went through the wizard, submitted a different problem, and it says 'we're aware you've got a problem...' or words to that effect, and just adds it to the end of my open ticket. OK, as it is, it's probably ok there, as it's all related to generating webstats on criticalmass, but there are now in effect 3 different questions being handled by one ticket, whereas I'd prefer them to be seperate tickets since they relate to different things I'm trying to achieve ...

Neil
N/A

> Nope Smiley
>
> Just tried that - went through the wizard, submitted a different problem, and it says 'we're aware you've got a problem...' or words to that effect, and just adds it to the end of my open ticket.

Not wanting to stir things but, I found this happened whem using Contact Us in the past.
If you try and start a completely different question to one already asked, it tags on the bottom. It then seems difficult to manage/follow conversations with +Net support.
If each question asked should be handled seperately, then my guess is that something is wrong with Contact Us.

Dave W.
N/A

> > Nope Smiley
> >
> > Just tried that - went through the wizard, submitted a different problem, and it says 'we're aware you've got a problem...' or words to that effect, and just adds it to the end of my open ticket.
>
>
> Not wanting to stir things but, I found this happened whem using Contact Us in the past.
> If you try and start a completely different question to one already asked, it tags on the bottom. It then seems difficult to manage/follow conversations with +Net support.
> If each question asked should be handled seperately, then my guess is that something is wrong with Contact Us.
>

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have raised this as a problem and our portal development team are looking into this now.

Please let me know if I can help you any further.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant...........for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----