cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another 'support did not read my ticket' issue

Community Veteran

Hi Ian, Josh, Luke, Dave

Please look at Ticket ID: 11207698 as another example of support agents not reading the ticket and returning it with only a partial answer and not even a mention of the actual problem I reported. As you can see I gave a lot of information about the problem and what I had done to investigate but this looks like the classic get rid of it quick situation to meet the agents targets.

It is related and is almost identical to this forum post I made yesterday about collecting mail from other ISPs not working.

Obviously I would like the problem actually investigated but it is not a high priority. A little word in their ear would be appreciated.

Cheers

Peter Cool
16 REPLIES
N/A

You might want to email Ian (iwild@plus.net) seeing as how he's very interested in this sort of occurence (and trying to fix it).
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Peter,

I'll have a word with the agent in question regarding this and see what I can do.
Regarding the actual issue, I won't answer the ticket as I'm interested to see what reply you get.
Have you tried selecting the BT.Yahoo option as the ISP?
Community Veteran

Yes covered all bases by setting up btopenworld, btinternet and bt.yahoo to collect email and all point to the same BT mailbox which I confirmed with telnet.

As I explained in my original thread and the ticket Wink

I have also emailed Ian about it.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

That bit of the ticket makes sense now, I read that as you'd set up bt.yahoo and the other 2 to redirect to your BT address rather than you'd selected each of the three options via webmail interface.
Community Veteran

I must say poor ticket responses do seem to be more frequent. Every time I raise a ticket I make it clear what I want / need and what I've already done to address an issue. Time after time though I still find I end up having to call someone to deal with it and Im fortunate in the fact that I'm well known by a lot of people in PlusNet so it must be twice as bad for most customers.

If you don't mind having a look for me Dave my latest ticket on account sdtserver is an example, happy with the second response, but the first one was a badly spelt one liner, not very good when you wait for near enough 12 hours and on a business account too.

Chris
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Thanks Chris, I've added it to my list. It is one of our priorities to sort out issues like this.
N/A

Poor ticket response has been very frustrating for us. It seems that the tech spt people are very protective of their stance. I took almost a month to get our CGI webstats problem resolved simply because they would not recognise the problem. I see the webstats problem is back again (for us anyway) but the status page says to use this forum to report problems rather than generating a ticket.
Community Veteran

Update on my ticket:

While I have now got answers to the other 3 questions I asked originally, the actual reason why I raised the ticket in the first place - PlusMail not collecting email from my BT account - has not been answered or, it would appear, not been investigated.

So on this 2nd reply from support, the original ticket and my reply to the first support reply was still not read correctly, only the additional questions being answered in the latest reply from support.

In both of my ticket comments I stated PlusMail is not collecting mail from my BT accounts but on both occations this has been ignored.

This was 2 separate agents so my hopes of getting this resolved are not good without intervention by those higher up the chain - Josh, Ian etc this is not looking good at all. I would also like to know what part of
I have stated quite clearly the email in my BT mailbox is not shown on the PlusNet Plusmail screen even though I have setup to collect it from 3 separate mail servers.

do your agents do not understand? I'm not sure how I could have made it any clearer.

I have asked for the 3rd time for the PlusMail system to be checked to see if there is a problem collecting email from BT and for the reason why I am not seeing BT emails in PlusMail.

Let's see if it gets ignored again :roll:
Community Veteran

It is very iritating when they dont bother to read tickets. They dont answer them properly and end up getting more tickets reraised as a result and it makes PlusNet support staff look like AOL which isnt really a good selling point.

I hope Ian's efforts to educate agents are not in vain.

Chris
N/A

For all I like about PlusNet there's one thing going way back that does more to undo all the good stuff than any other.

That is the need to "sweet-talk" (for want of a better word) some support staff into giving your problem their full attention. I found a long time ago that if you managed to get an agent's sympathy you could often have things sorted in no time at all. If not, for whatever reason, you might as well not have bothered.

While I understand the aggravation factor in support-desk work, the key to getting it right is separating out the likeability or otherwise of the customer from the information-gathering function and problem resolution.

From what I've seen here Josh, Dave and Luke have cracked this and usually show exactly how it should be done (as does Ian of course). The result is a professional-looking support presence that's a credit to the company.

Some of the agents dealing with tickets do not understand this. Too often they look at a ticket and think, nah, don't fancy that, dash off some crass excuse for a reply and move on, probably hoping the next one will be more interesting or involve less thought. It's understandable on a human level given the nature of the work, but has a seriously negative impact on how customers feel and think (and therefore are likely to talk) about PlusNet.

I guess this is a problem for all call centres and support desks, getting agents to identify with the goals of the organisation. But until some magic combination of training, carrots, sticks and whatever is in place at PlusNet the key to getting support seems to be "spell out what you want done" and, more importantly, "be nice to the agent".

This is very hard if you're tearing your hair out over a problem, but as things stand if you don't then some agents will only go through the motions of addressing your query.
jberry
Grafter

Hi Peter,

I have tested this using an @btinternet.com address and the "bt.yahoo" option in webmail and it works fine. Have you tried with this specific combination?

Regards,
Community Veteran

Thanks for trying Josh, The ticket was at a bit of a stalemate.

Yes, that was one of the 3 I setup.

I have deleted all 3 ISP entries and just added a bt.yahoo one but still no luck. I also added a 2nd that used myname@btinternet.com as the login name in case it needed the domain as part of the email login but that made no difference - I also waited 10 mins to allow for any system setup to occur. There is definately mail waiting in my bt mailbox so this is strange.

Looks like the only way your going to progress this is with my BT login details so I'll post them in the ticket after I have changed the password.

One more thing, If you read my replies you will see several questions asked but not answered in the following support replies. So even after reporting that the tickets should be read I am still not getting all the questions answered. While I know I'm a bit more techie than most it is still important that when questions are asked, there should be answers also from your side - if nothing else to help me understand what is going on.

Cheers

Peter Cool
Community Veteran

OK, I have solved the problem now..... It's easy when you know how

I had to use myname@btinternet.com or myname@btopenworld.com and my usual email password before it would pick up the emails in PlusMail. I had assumed you used the same login and password as I had setup in OE to collect info from my pop mail account but now knowing you are connecting via IMAP and not using a pop connection it makes a bit more sense.

Although the PlusMail help for adding ISP accounts does indicate a fully qualified mail address as an example (mail@username.fsnet.co.uk), it is not clear enough that you must use the full email address and not just the loginame as used for pop servers. Perhaps this should be made clearer in the help pages and your support agents made aware of this.

You may still need to investigate why the other bt ISP selections don't work.

Anyway I'll close the ticket with this reply in it.

Cheers

Peter Cool
Community Veteran

Grrrr damn ticket system. :x

I selected 'no, but I have solved it myself' thinking it will give me an opportunity to post a comment but it just closed the ticket so I could not add the above to it. Not sure if you can add anything to a closed ticket Josh, but can you pass on my comments above anyway.

Maybe the no, but I have solved it myself should also have 'and ticket will be closed' so you know what will happen.