cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "I'm off"

N/A

Another "I'm off"

Totally had enough of the goal post moving from PN in relation to the T&Cs, 10gb before management on what is lets face it the time when we all use the internet 5pm-12 is a complete joke. Gaming has been so atrocious its been upsetting thanks to PN, the complete opposite of what you do it for.
Then I hear that the support number is now premium rate ?

As much as they say the other providers will have to follow suit, they arent.

There's hardly a post about PN on adslguide that isn't negative.

Good luck to those staying, I'm hoping my 2nd BB provider will not make me wish I had stayed on ISDN.

Oh and I use between 6-16gb a month, hardly the heavy user PN were trying to drive away, however I think there only interested in users in the 5gb and less bracket that just hang around on the BBC web pages and dont P2P or game.
26 REPLIES
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

Another "I'm off"

another one wow!!! :shock:
N/A

Another "I'm off"

I dont think its the Support number thats premium rate. Its the err Website Support number, or something like that. Gives technical advice for using the website and so on, I think they call it the Consultancy line.

Everything else is the same
N/A

Another "I'm off"

I don't want to start another one of "these" threads, and encounter the wrath of the Mods, so I'll pitch my goodbye into this one Tongue

Whilst I still reckon that PlusNet is a superb ISP (granted, it has it's issues, but don't they all?) it doesn't make financial sense for me to stay her and keep my other arrangements in place also, therefore I will be moving to a Bulldog LLU connection shortly.

I will continue to point people in search of good value ADSL in the direction of Plus, however I am finding that it no longer fits my requirements...

I expect I'll probably be back, once I finish my Uni course Cheesy

Adios amigo's Tongue See you over on Plusnetters.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Another "I'm off"

I will continue to point people in search of good value ADSL in the direction of Plus,

Have you checked out the changes to the referrals scheme (downgrade to dialup PAYG and they will credit your referrals to your bank account)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Another "I'm off"

I hadn't, so cheers mate Smiley

Just had confirmation of my successful order of services from Bulldog, so hopefully it will all be sorted within the next 30 days or so...
N/A

Another "I'm off"

Good luck with Bulldog, you'll need it...
N/A

Another "I'm off"

Remember, unlike most ISPs, and what makes ******** so attractive to professional Internet users is that we introduce no port blocking, bandwidth throttling, or traffic shaping at any point in our network. This includes both P2P (peer to peer) and client-server connections.

£24.99 a month 8142/448 connection, unlimited download, static IP and contract period of just 1 month.

The un-limited download is not the important part to me, its the above statement reparding shaping and throttling.
janitor
Grafter

Another "I'm off"

Whats wrong wit Bulldog had no probs been with em 4 months.
N/A

Another "I'm off"

I'm off to Bulldog as soon as they unbundle my exchange. So I might be around for another year :lol:

It's took Plusnet three weeks to sort out the mess that was the MaxDSL plusnet upgrades, and they knew it was coming. So they "only" received 1500 (so far) queue jumpers (out of the 180,000 customers or so). So if they had this in place on April 1st we could have been upgraded by now. By day two or three, we should have had our orders placed.

Let the other customers get the upgrades after, lets face it, they wouldn't notice. We are the tech "savvy" customers which is what attracted me to plusnet in the first place in 2002.

They could have avoided all the mess and bad feelings if they actually thought about it better.
N/A

Another "I'm off"

Don't go to Bulldog - they don't let you leave Shockedops:
aeroalfie
Grafter

Another "I'm off"

"or traffic shaping at any point in our network" yet!

I don't know which ISP you talk about but what are they going to do when the heavy downloaders move in attracted by the unlimited downloads and start to download the whole internet during the evening? how is this ISp going to safeguard things like VoIP web gaming etc when they are swamped with P2P?
N/A

Another "I'm off"

Who knows but since its only a monthly contract if they implement anything like that to the drastic way that PN has it will cost me nothing to move to another ISP.

Like I said its not the download limit that bothers me, I have used between 5-20gb a month over the last 10 months. Its the lack of traffic shaping, port blocking etc. Even now playing Counterstrike over the PN network is still a problem (see gaming forum) with their latency issues and this has been going on for 6 months with little or no update.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Another "I'm off"

I imagine it will be even more of a problem if you join an ISP that is swamped with P2P traffic. :?
N/A

Another "I'm off"

i have been on the phone to the friendly people of talk talk and its a free number because my phone line is already with them they are saying that everyone who is wanting to move should seriously look them up and they are willing to do there best to do a package for your needs £21.99 40gb usage 8mb con oh and with that you get unlimited phone calls on landline including 21 countries the £21.99 also includes bt line rental i even phoned up my bt exchange again and they told me that there in with carphone warehouse when i last phoned them about plus net there answer was Who?