cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another moderating complaint

N/A

It's really no wonder that the mods manage to make themselves so unpopular in here. For a long time you had my sympathy, what with the confrontational posters who regularly set out to cause trouble. Of late though, I've been less than impressed with the heavy handed authoritarian attitude exercised in these forums. While I understand that you obviously enjoy maintaining your own little kingdom, you might want to remember that other people have a right to play in your sandbox too. If you're going to delete a (polite) post of mine, then please have the courtesy to at least PM me advising me that you've done it, and explaining why. Congratulations on behaving in a rude and authoritarian fashion.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Your post has been split from here. Please don't take threads off topic!

And yes, I see the irony.

Btw, which post has been deleted of yours? No record has been made of one of your posts being deleted...

Thomas
N/A

Hmmm. That's interesting. So you've taken the time and trouble to split my comments off from another thread, where previously you could only be bothered deleting them? Mods - get your house in order.
N/A

Sorry Thomas, posted while you were posting! My post wasn't off topic - it was posted in the thread from which my original comments were removed (presumably - more irony! - for being off topic).
Community Veteran

Yes, I've found the deleted posts (they're not actually deleted, just hidden from the public). Philip removed them, but I'll PM to explain why he did so...

Thomas
N/A

Just to note, it was myself that deleted (rather moved) the items in question. I have not as of yet, gotten around to sending the PM.

You where very quick off the mark, and I very much doubt that I could have send you a message in the time between the move and the reply made.

Please see my PM where the will be further information.
N/A

Even if you take the time from the post at the top of this thread, you're still a good 15 mins behind. I'd hazard a guess at more like 30 mins between deleting my comments and PMing me. Any fool could have told you that it would be a good idea to do both things at the same time. Of course if you really did only have the time to delete my comments without PMing me, a quick 'comments deleted - PM to follow' at the bottom of the thread would've covered it nicely.

I find it incredibly ironic that mods have waved the banning stick at another poster for being 'confrontational' and 'aggressive', and then exercise behaviour themselves that could be described with the same adjectives.
N/A

Think yourself lucky... a local forum I visit has recently seen posts from the mods about people "using incorrect capitalisation at the begining of sentences and in subject headings"... now that is sad. Here is an example-

"***** please use correct capitalisation in your thread titles, for example use a capital letter at the start of your title and also capitals for company names, locations etc.
Geoff
Site Admin
"
csogilvie
Grafter

That'll keep them busy then I guess... since every second post I read on some forums these days is written that way!
N/A

Dude, you've really gotta stop hanging out on those school message boards!!!
N/A

ROFLMAO

Yeh, sounds like one, doesn't it. I very rarely comment on mods decisions, must be a difficult job, but i had to have a dig at'em for that one!!!