cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another migrator

N/A

Another migrator

Just wanted to say goodbye and farewell fellow Plusnet Forumites.

I've been a long-term lurker and companion, but not shared in the griping and complaining. I can see the way things are going, and I can see and objectively understand Plusnet's business plan. I just can't live with it.

Hence, have MAC code will travel. I have found a new service, cheaper, and 2MB with no caps or shaping with a smaller ISP with excellent customer service and speed scores. I'm not going to breach forum rules by saying who, but anyone who is unhappy should simply surf around the internet - adlsguide, ipsr or google should do you.

Migration on Tuesday. See you all later.

Dan
26 REPLIES
N/A

Another migrator

Well done!

I think there is a big queue forming behind you.

Out of interest, who are you migrating to?
I am looking around myself, so any pointers would be handy.
N/A

Another migrator

I wouldn't mind knowing who also.
N/A

Another migrator

i wouldnt mind knowing either. 2 months is too long to sort this.
N/A

Another migrator

I was trying to be polite to my former hosts, and I don't want to be banned particularly either. I said what you should do - take matters into your own hands Wink
N/A

Another migrator

I think i may have found the service that you were on about! Would i be right in thinking that you had a "Devil" of a job finding itHuh Wink
N/A

Another migrator

I don't think it's the "devil" service as they don't appear to accept migrations - you have to cancel your existing ISP and then sign up with them, thus incurring a broadband outage.

It's a real pity this is happening to Plusnet, I have never had any issues for around two years, but this last month has been crippling slow speeds and disconnects.

I wonder how other uncapped isp's are providing the service that Plusnet used to provide..... .
N/A

Another migrator

he may have reached enlightenment and got some zen back in his life, or he may have managed to "be"come somthing more.. who knows.
N/A

Devil

Hi
I am not sure who the devil relates to, makes me think of +net, most people seem to be going to a NEW net provider or another that I cant reveal the ID of on the net.
Cheers
Sat
N/A

Another migrator

Is it true that if one asks for a MAC code in the first 45 days , that migrating is free.

Regards Grizzle
N/A

Another migrator

I think it's free only If you don't have to pay activation and modem charges.
Community Veteran

Another migrator

Would i be right in thinking that you had a "Devil" of a job finding itHuh Wink

Oh my god not AOHELL :?
N/A

Another migrator

LMAO@johnessex. No i wasn't thinking of quite that drastic a change!
N/A

Another migrator

Rather than start another thread about the same thing. I'll add that I too have migrated (reluctantly). Main reason is all the confussion caused by the changes but mainly the bad speeds I've been getting, for the last couple of weeks (realised should add that I never went over the SUP or FUP peak or off peak)
To those who have helped in the past thank you and good luck.

Cheers
Lewey
N/A

Another migrator

my 2meg connection's just been restricted for the 2nd time this billing month. Running at 512k, think i'm gonna have to leave. Does anyone know how much PN will change me for leaving? I got a free modem and activation when i signed up.