cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another VMU oddity (PAYG)

Community Veteran

My last billing month (April/May) was my first on the 'new product' with breakdown into Free and Paid-for usage. As I'm on PAYG, I pay in advance for extra bandwidth so was interested to see if I could cut down on cost as I would now be getting free usage between midnight and 8.00am.

According to VMU on the last day of the billing month, I was a little way into another GB on the paid-for usage, with the total being just under the total bandwidth I'd actually paid for. So, it looked as though I would still need to stay on that amount in future unless I was very careful.

However, the next time I looked at the summary for previous months, I was surprised to see my paid-for usage recorded for April/May was well under what it had shown up as previously, with the free usage more than the paid-for usage. This was very odd as there is absolutely no way that my husband and I could have downloaded more between midnight and 8.00am than between 8.00am and midnight for obvious reasons!

As the total bandwidth used for that month is as I remember it showing in the current month's summary (when it was the current month), I'm wondering if maybe the summary is showing usage according to the Peak and Off-peak hours as defined for Premier and Plus, rather than for Daytime and Night-time as it should be for PAYG. The extra 8 hours (8.00am - 4.00pm) could easily account for the discrepancy. Could it just be that the wrong script has been used to calculate my usage breakdown in the summary of previous months' usage?

I'm wondering if anyone else on PAYG has noticed anything similar.

I've put in a ticket about this but have not got far with it up till now as I only suggested the 'wrong script' scenario this morning.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
5 REPLIES
N/A

Same with my PAYG account. My month finished over the weekend and 1GB+ magically changed from paid useage to free useage. I think that the philosophy at plus net is: To save money on testing scripts we will release them and let the users do the testing and recommend where the problems lay.
Community Veteran

Oh good(?)! Not just me then.
long-gone
Grafter

I'm on TeleWorker PAYG and the records for my "previous months" is also wrong.

"Current month" readings always seem OK, but when they get transferred to "previous months", it all goes to pot.
Community Veteran

I'm to take screen shots of VMU before the end of this current billing period and send them in if the same thing happens with the summary. Then Customer Support will have something definite to compare for further investigation.
N/A

Together with the bill for doing their software validation. Going rate is £60 per hour :lol: :lol: