cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Plusnet lie about MaxDSL upgrade order uncovered

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

First we were told "up to 8MB" would have priority - except we were not told that this didn't include PAYG.

Then we were told in the newsletter that it would be in order of how long we were users. This was followed by a day of confusion as to whether it was in total or how long we had ADSL - eventually it was decided it was total.

Now todays we learn that it's not that at all - it's being done in order of billing date and how long you've been a customer only applies if there are too many with the same billing date:

We've started submitting orders for customers on the old up to 2Mbps accounts now. These are being processed on a customer's billing date. Should there be more customers billed on a particular date than we can submit orders for then we will select the customers based on how long they've been a customer.

So if your billing date has just passed and you missed out, you've got a long wait even if you've been a user for a long time.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
110 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Roll on tomorrow when the story will change again nodoubt Evil

It's bad enough getting conflicting info in public, but it's exactly the same in PUG and we are just as confused (and annoyed) as everyone else on this ever changing policy!!!
Alecto
Grafter

And all they have to do is say "We're currently deciding the order to do it in. When we've decided, we'll let you know how it will work."

I don't think it's a matter of Plusnet giving out deliberate lies though. I think they're just really bad at making decisions, organising themselves and communicating with their customers. Again and again and again.

As I've said a few times, somebody needs sacking.
robbynudd
Grafter

sounds just like another ex-Mr Cusack company I know

(scurries away sharpish to hide)
N/A

Here's what was said in the newsletter:

It will take BT several months to upgrade the thousands of PlusNet broadband customers, so priority will be given to customers on the up to 4Mb and 8Mb products. We’ll then ask BT to upgrade our customers in the order they joined PlusNet, as recognition for loyalty.

To give an undertaking to do something in "recognition for loyalty", and then renege on that, sends the opposite message, in my opinion.
N/A

PlusNet, you need to stop fucking around!
jagger
Grafter

They've also said that they're submitting 1000 requests per day.

That's 31,000 per month (max)

Divide Plusnet's 180,000ish customers by 31,000.Around 6 months and we'll all be done. :shock:
N/A

PlusNet's management and decision making process is descending into absolute chaos. It's not surprising that everything else is falling apart when they can't even give a unified front to one area of the service for longer than a few hours. It's all well and good being on the 'bleeding edge' and responding to customer feedback, but this really is getting farcical, products, rollouts, visions, they're all changing by the day and customers are given continually contradictory information.
willhome
Grafter

They've also said that they're submitting 1000 requests per day.

That's 31,000 per month (max)

Divide Plusnet's 180,000ish customers by 31,000.Around 6 months and we'll all be done. :shock:

bt are trying to get a bulk regrade tool out for end of month which should speed things up i believe
Community Veteran

bt are trying to get a bulk regrade tool out for end of month which should speed things up i believe

Sadly, reading between the lines rather than reading what is written, that tool appears to allow more order/upgrade requests to be made ... this may have little affect on how fast the process takes.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

We're still awaiting the final details on the bulk regrade tool and how many regrades it will allow, in part it's going to depend on how many ISP's will place orders using it. We should know more in a couple of weeks, but it should see an increase in the numbers being processed.
N/A

Have you just totally ignored what everyone has said in this thread??

Why can you lot get these regrades sorted out? Stop moving the bloody goalposts!
N/A

Everyone should remember that even once orders go in, they're then lost in the world of BT and so could take some time Smiley

Dave, can someone come out and give a real final statement on the order that these orders are going in? It seems to have changed yet again, nobody knows where they stand, what's the score with Premier 2Mb customers, with PAYG customers? Is the priority based purely on billing date, or also on date joining PlusNet, or inside leg measurement, or what?
sanderton
Grafter

If the figure of it taking six months to do everyone is true, then what was described (doing it by billing date then length of servce) is THE SAME THING as doing it strictly by length of service, at least to with a few days, assuming billing dates are randomly spread. The longest serving ones will get done in month one, the most recent in month six.

If you're getting worked up about being done on the 12th when someone who started the week after you at PlusNet gets done on the 10th then, well...
N/A

It's more to do with the fact that PlusNet can't stick to what they say for longer than a few hours than the actual time I may or may not get upgraded. Although at the moment there are relatively few upgrades in the system, so those who get in early (before the bulk upgrade tool and the system gets busy) will likely be upgraded in a shorter period than those over the coming months.
Also doing it by billing date is not the same as doing it by length of service. the most recent statement does not say that the longest serving customers will be done in the first month, then onwards down the months. Also, what of those who've already had their billing date? Will they be waiting until next month? It's not that simple and it's certainly not at all clear if you follow the varying statements made over recent days and weeks.