cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another MAC key requested

N/A

Have just requested my MAC key and am going to move to another IP that , to quote another` gives the user `the freedom to surf`
Hope PN sorts out all these problems they seem to have and gives any of you guys remaining hera decent service again.
Here is my message attached with my request:-

`I am unhappy with the latest FUS policy in that I am happy to restrict my usage peak and off peak but you dont give me the facility to monitor both seperately. with this in mind I feel it`s best for us to part company and thank you for what `was` an excellent service when I joined up but now has turned into a less than decent one.`

Regards
Pete
12 REPLIES
N/A

Quick reply from PN!

The following comment was added to the ticket
We are developing a feature that allows to monitor both peak and off peak activity.

A certain song comes to mind huh?
`Too Much, Too Little, Too Late`
N/A

And My Reply!!

Thanks for the reply.
If the facility had been there before you brought in the policy I am quite sure you wouldnt be losing the custom of myself and others.
Given the underhand way all this has been conducted I would still like you to generate a MAC key for my Migration
Regards
Community Veteran

You need to add that to your ticket as you cannot request a MAC via the forums.
N/A

A plus for PN
My MAC arrived within 3 Hrs.
Shame the rest of their set up is not so good!!!!
Unless, of course, they couldnt wait to get rid of me?
N/A

Mine came withn 45mins a couple of days ago but I still havent used it yet, still looking around as it seems a bit of a minefield at the moment. I have been pretty happy with plusnet, I normaly use around 30gig a month with the odd month at about 50 gig and some months as low as 5gig but with all the changes to the T&C and the proposed 15gig limit on the newsgroups I feel its time for pastures new. Trying to get the newsgroup headers in the evening is like running through treacle.
N/A

Im off to Zen, completely unlimited so i never need to watch how much im downloading, thanks god, quite happy to pay an extra £13 month for that.
N/A

Another Zenner (is that a wordHuh) I am migrated as of midnight on the 17th Cool See you on the calm side Cheesy
N/A

I'll be gone on Tuesday 18th.

Can't wait to get the net back Cool
N/A

I'll be gone on the 21st. Have been reading and posting in The Sermon post by chesterfield and it has become apparent that if you want to use p2p, usenet or ssh on a Premier Account then you are no longer a viable proposition.

Shame but i don't see the point in paying £21.99 a month just to read emails and view web pages.
N/A

my new isp is on 17th,
N/A

I have to say that I'm pretty disgusted with the recent developments.

I totally agree about the usage monitor point too... How are we supposed to check that we are not exceeding the peak usage allowance if there is no facility to do so.... "Coming soon" is not good enough; if you are going to be monitoring peoples peak bandwidth usage then you MUST provide the same facility to your customers. The SUP has been in force for nearly a month now and there is still no sign of it....
This is totally unacceptible, especially since it is apparent (from reading this forum) that many users have already fallen foul of it and have either been notified or capped already
The FULL usage summary should have been available from day one; 1 week late is not good enough, 1 month late (and still waiting) is verging on scandalous.

How would someone who had been capped already (as a result of the new SUP) stand from a legal standpoint i wonder? Surely, if there is no mechanism to check your peak time usage then PN are acting extremely unfairly (and perhaps illegally? someone correct me if i'm wrong on this) by capping during this first month.

I'm starting to understand the underhanded and frankly un-professional nature of this ISP, and why this forum seems to be littered with complaints such as sanpets.

I signed up for a Premiere account so that i did not have to watch my monthly usage, and lo and behold 3 months after i rejoin PN (I was previously a satisfied customer at a different address a couple of years ago), i'm given 29 days notice of a fundamental change in the T&Cs.

I have been recommending PN to family, friends and work colleagues since i rejoined, but given current events I have feel i should contact everyone I can remember and tell them to steer well clear.

Shabby, PlusNet.. very shabby
N/A

Strange really, but since I requested and recieved my MAC key (I`m scheduled to depart to pastures new on 21/10) my speeds have increased dramatically
Azureus is running at 185kb/s at times now where as before I was lucky to get 50!!!!!
I`m sure it`s a coincidence? Or are they trying to get me to have second thoughts?
Too late PN
I agree with NorthernBeauty, I have recommended PN to many friends and colleagues but will tell anyone to steer well clear now.
Regards
Pete