cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another CS bobo

N/A

Another CS bobo

A while ago I asked, by ticket, what the cost of moving my domain from PN was, I was told it was the amount stated on the "Move my domain" button. I querried this and was told that that was not correct it would be free.
So now when i want to move my domain I post a ticket because if I press the "Move my Domain" it threatens to
charge my CC with £45 + vat. This will be charged to your credit card.

thus
On ticket 16513833 I had the following statement
"Actioned : Dear Mr *******
You can transfer the domain out free of charge. I apologise for the previous error.

Regards,
********** "

In view of this please change, without charge, my domain http://www.******.co.uk to point to
DNS1: ns33.1and1.co.uk
DNS2: ns34.1and1.co.uk

Thank you

I receive the following reply

In order to transfer the domain out you will need to get the IPS Tag from the new host anf then click on the transfer out in the domains section of the member centre

Are they stupid or stupid?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Another CS bobo

stupid is very harsh

i like to say mental challenged
Community Veteran

Another CS bobo

I think I'm missing something or confused.

Do you want to transfer the domain completely away from PlusNet? If so they will need the IPS tag and not the DNS entries for the new host. You can provide these via contact us if you dont want to use the portal tool.

Chris
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Another CS bobo

We can't transfer the domain out if we don't know what the IPS Tag is. We can't keep the Tag if the domain is hosted elsewhere.
N/A

Another CS bobo

stupid or stupid? mmmmm........... :lol:

Though it does smack slightly of not reading the full ticket history by CS.
Community Veteran

Another CS bobo

Though it does smack slightly of not reading the full ticket history by CS.

Without the full ticket histroy you cant really say that. As I've said and dave also said, nothing can be done without the IPS tag. I'm not saying PlusNet have done anything right, but equally without more information it cant be said they have done wrong. Apart from a mistake the agent has admitted.

Chris
N/A

Another CS bobo

I will sort out what is now needed, but I took the trouble to inform CS that I had asked about costs previously, that previously I had been told , on ticket, and I quoted that, that there would be no cost, but I was told by Cs and you saw the wording that I had to go through "Domain Transfer". The frightening thing about that is that anyone who did not know that they could transfer their £1 month domain AFTER 12 months out FREE, would have allowed it to go through to their credit card.

Perhaps PN are not stupid after all just willing to take any cash they can get their hands on.

Perhaps a staff member would tell us how people are expected to know that they do not have to pay this, it is not a small amount of money, if they take the obvious route or CS offer the advice that i got then PN will fraudulently take £45 + VAT from customers.