cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying things about Force9

N/A

Hi all,
I'm just on to have a wee complain about the irritations of having Force9 as an Internet provider.
I joined Force9 over a year ago, can't remember exactly when though, but its not the issue anyway. About 3 months into my contract I had to mve house, phoned Force9 to inform them, they didnt want to help me on the phone, and told me to do it on-line. That's fair enough, but sometimes you just want to talk to someone and then you know its all done and all your questions are answered properly. Filled out the on-line thing, paid the £63 (or whatever it is) and forgot about it. Moved into my new house and had NO internet access for about 3 weeks. It went like this: Phoned Force9, they blamed BT and said to wait another week. I did so. Phoned Force9, they blamed BT and told me to wait again. I think at this point I lost the plot and spoke to a supervisor. Supervisor blamed BT and told me to wait, which I didnt find an acceptable answer, and told him to find out exatly when it would be on. He said he'd phone back, which of course he didnt. Phoned Force9, demanded money back for the monthly payment, which I didnt have any access for. The supervisor agreed to that. Internet eventually came on. No refund for month. Phoned Force9, spoke to supervisor, who totally denied giving me money back. Still aint seen it.
Number two: You cannot change when your direct debits are taken, even although they try to shut you up for a while and say you can. God knows Ive been trying to change the date for at least 12 months.
Number Three. Ive been paying for the Broadband Easy start thing since I joined. Why are there people just joining the service paying less than me and getting a higher speed? Im so confused with all the speed re-grades etc, that I dont even have any intrest in finding out.
Number Four: Moving house again. Phoned to cancel the service. Was told I could move it free of charge. I just laughed. Getting cancelled at the end of the month.

Take care of your customers Force9, do the right thing, and I'd be taking you to my new house.

Thanks,
Andy
18 REPLIES
N/A

Hi, Half the time i dont think their care for the customers who have supported them over the years.

Had to threaten to leave, before f9 would talk to BT about fixing my problem.

The person from CS had the cheak to ask me what he could do to keep me as a customer - (the answer was - fix my connection, it was the only thing i wanted.)

And see If the problem is not fixed by the end of next week or introduce some communication between their customers, it will be another customer saying goodbye to force9.
N/A

Moving House

Hello ukfmonline,

I am a long standing Force9 customer but am quite sad and not a little put out to hear about your experience of moving house. I do feel loyal customers should be treated with some care & concern I dont think a total indifference from a CS agent is either acceptible or helpful for either parties involved.

Can I ask what the £63 fee you paid, what was that for can you remember?

**Moving house does have to be co-ordinated between F9 and BT & I do know that it can be quite time consuming & a complex process, but having said that I dont think there are any excuses for rudenss, wrong information & not returning phone calls if thats what was promist.

**As I understand it things have improved recently on this issue "moving Home" and especially if your currently say a BT customer & plan to stay a BT customer in your new house. I think you can take your old phone number with you and that its ported to your new address. If your also an F9 customer and also staying with F9 in the new location then I believe your Broadband Service can also be moved at the same time as the BT phone number. But I believe this involved x2 sortes of ID numbers or referrence numbers both of which have to be passed to BT well before the move.

**I also believe that if you want to move house and your F9 BB service that there is nolonger any charges made for this process now i.e. its now done for free. Which is pretty good when you consider just how stressful & costly moving homes can become.

Regards Ivan

-------------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB Service User
N/A

hi, cyteck.

Was not me which was moving home,

I however had a Paid – re-grade done last Monday to 2mb. And since then have had connection drops out and sync issues since. Done every single test before I even raised a call with F9 – And even told them!

Raised a call Monday morning, and by Friday it still had not been look at by the faults team. This however changed when I said I want to leave f9, and the next thing I know, it’s raised with BT.

I too am a long standing f9 customer, about 4 years now, upgrade to broadband two years ago, and the customer services were far superior to any ISP back then, however that has changed as f9 race's towards 100,000 broadband customers.

What I think is that any good business is built with its customers, upset to many, and your business will bound to fail. - Its good to have free speed upgrades and prices dropped, however CS is very important these days as well, and if not more important in a cut-throat Broadband market where you can change provider in 5 days give or take.

So if f9/plusnet don’t start to improve CS soon, I think f9 is going down a very very dangers road.

Will update on Tuesday if BT found fault!

Moan Over yet again. Jeremy,
N/A

I was working at the Carphone Warehouse distribution centre last week and saw the following notice all around the place:

We may win the argument, but at what price? It is always best to give a little to retain the customer's loyalty.

'Nuff said.

Mark
N/A

A view from the wings!

Hello Once Again,

NOP!! I completely agree with both comments. I've run my own sole trading business and for me the absolute bottom line and universal truth in business is that customer satisfaction is THE single most important thing. If you dont have satisfied customers your doing something wrong.

No matter how wonderful your brand is, its nothing without customers. Customer satisfaction is built on delivering a service or product that matches the claims made for it, if your customers cannot trust you to deliver then you wont last long. Even very big companies go to the wall these days, scale or size has nothing to do with success or failure.

**In a global market customer service, service delivery & reputation & customer retention are vital. If Not there are plenty of competitors who will gladly welcome your unhappy old customers (take business from you).

**Yes! I would definately like to see far more effort put into rewarding long standing loyal customers of F9 in some way. Doing this would be good PR for F9 and give long standing customers some form of incentive to remain.

Ivan

----------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
N/A

Could not argee with you more.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had. I'm not sure what went wrong with your original house move, did you keep the same number when you moved as that will cause delays. I don't know why you weren't credited at the time for the downtime but I can look into that for you and I don't see any reason why we can't credit you.

Regarding the change of billing date, our bank does not generally allow us to change the date except in exceptional circumstances. It can be done, but you would normally need to make a payment for a month and the number of days to be moved via a credit/debit card.

EasyStart was a special offer account at the time and worked out to cost less over 3 years to the equivalent speed ADSL Home account at the time. If you wish to stay with us when you move house then we can move you on to Broadband Home up to 2Mbps service at the same time which will cost £21.99 per month. The reprovide fee is £64.63 or there is a way of moving house for free. This page explains how this works.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi Jeremy,

Your fault is now with BT Wholesale, I've just had a look but there's no update yet, our fault guys will be keeping an eye on it for you.
N/A

Hi Jeremy,

Your fault is now with BT Wholesale, I've just had a look but there's no update yet, our fault guys will be keeping an eye on it for you.

Hi Dave, Thanks for posting back, apart from yourself and Bob, your the only ones to make contact to myself without being ask to reply. Thanks

This connection problems get wierd by the day.

Connection was fine, disconnected the router, replug into socket, and no connection. Why would it be ok one min, and not the nextHuh?

Thanks Jeremy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

If I'm honest that sounds more like a router fault that a line fault, but if it's only started since a regrade then it might be what's called a false green where the line is actually out of limits for the higher speed service. We'll just have to wait and see what BT come back with.
N/A

If I'm honest that sounds more like a router fault that a line fault, but if it's only started since a regrade then it might be what's called a false green where the line is actually out of limits for the higher speed service. We'll just have to wait and see what BT come back with.

Hi, at first i thought it was that, however, i got the email to say it had been successful, and when i been connected for about 24 between friday/sat this weekend, i've had full 2mb, without a problem.
N/A

These problems with moves, BT faults and F9 customer service all ring very true with our still ongoing experience. Our company cease and reprovide order was assigned on 21 April. Because we stupidly asked to retain the same number we accepted that the switch could take an additional week. When the provide order was assigned on 6 May we were told that the ADSL commit date was 13 May. On 14 May BT told F9 they had “exchange equipment problems”. On the 17 May, after lots of phone calls F9 finally posted a message to say “Order is with the Frames dept (last stage of the order) Will expect it to be completed shortly”

Finding out what that all means, especially what “shortly” means (turns out it’s anything from a few minutes to days – F9 just doesn’t know what BT is doing for us) has been like getting blood out of a stone. That’s not acceptable in a service industry. At one time CS told me that the very fact that I had asked again through actioning an existing ticket meant that our ticket could have gone to the bottom of the DSL provisioning priority list! (Bob Pullen later assured me that was no longer the system at F9). We, of course, can’t speak directly with BT wholesale, but we are paying F9 a lot of money for this switch and (lack of) service – no offer of a rebate for the month, mind you – but you can be sure that we now asking.

You try running a business these days for 4 weeks on 2 dial up modems.

Customer service has been really poor – so far as volunteering useful (even sympathetic) information is concerned. I haven’t communicated with Dave, but I confirm that the only good (in fact excellent) customer service I have received is from Bob, who has been exceptionally responsive, sympathetic, and clear in his answers (even though he hasn’t been able to influence our connection). As of 10.am on 19 May our order is still somewhere with BT.

To balance this VERY negative view, on a personal note my 512 eaststart home adsl was just upgraded to BB plus in 2 working days, and a colleague has just signed on and was activated in 4 days. I know that BT is the problem with our company problems – but F9 needs to sharpen up its act on CS.

Nick
N/A

One and a half hours after posting the above message ADSL service was activated. cooincidence? I don't know. But I haven't (yet) received any message from F9 in response or to let us know that we are now "live". Anyway, I'm just gald that we have access.

Nick
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

Nick,

Glad to hear you're finally back up and running Smiley Provisioning will close your open ticket shortly.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵