cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyed 15GB+ Users UNITED WE STAND!!

N/A

Who of you out there are so annoyed that you want to leave force 9. I am no legl begal. What are our rights on leaving early? We are paying for a service that isnt what we believed it was when sold but one that we no longer want!

Have we got a leg to stand on if we get solicitors/legal people involved etc? Or governing bodies?

Surely we can pull our efforts together to stop being ripped off by these rip-off merchants.

Please add your views on the subject.

Cheers

Chris
13 REPLIES
N/A

Nobody can stop you leaving Force 9 if you want to so long as you pay the deferred activation fee plus if you aren't on a monthly contract pay for any outstanding months of the first year.

The answers to your question are rather weighted but I can see why you are annoyed. If you want to leave then leave. You don't need anybody legal involved. Force 9 won't stop you from going. I'm going to leave myself soon even though I just joined in August. By the way, it isn't just Usenet and p2p with the slow speeds though that's all I see people complaining about. I find it is with Desktop Anywhere that I use to access my university account as well as a couple of games.
N/A

Hi Chris,

If you think your being treated unfairly by F9 PlusNet or if you believe you were mis-sold a service that you now have? Then you have every right to contact your local branch of the trading standards dept their whole job is too help champion consumer rights, when it comes to business and how companies trade and how they treat their customers (from smallest sole traders to mega corporations etc,etc) Their number is to be found in the phone book or I'm sure you could get it via directory enquiries.

Ivan
N/A

Well thats easy for you to say

Yes i could contact my local trading standards ! but F9 have got us by the balls as all this bo**ocks is in the small print which i did not read ! and that sort of comment " contact your local trading standards" just gos to show that you dont give a s**t. I do belive i was miss sold my broadband package but as you no its not what you guys say its more what you dont say and thats how you keep selling this crap to new customers !

But dont worry im off to the scream forum now to slate F9 some more
N/A

Hi Matty7375,

Frankly I think your being rude and personal, I was only attempting to offer you some constructive comments but I dont appeciate having my head bitten off for my efforts!! :roll:

F9 have got us by the balls as all this bo**ocks is in the small print which i did not read !
Frankly it was your own choice to jion F9 Plusnet nobody forced you and if you didnt read the terms & conditions then you thats your own responsability.

**Frankly I restent you saying I dont give a dam, because if that were true 1) I wouldnt even bother replying to this 2) if I didnt give a dam how come I've spent the last 5yrs helping users by answering their technical questions & giving support on an almost daily basis in these F9 Plusnet forums. I think I rest my case. Enough said.

**If your NOT happy with the service/s you receive then OK vote with your feet and cheque book but dont have a pop at me for something thats way beyond my control ( I have no directly influence on how F9 run their service). I'm an ordinary user like everyone else here.

Ivan
N/A

How rude, lol

I dont really care what you think mate all i no is im waisting £14.99 a month on a product i cant use !

And im not fecking HAPPY about it !

I was a BT customer for nearly five years without so much of a hint of a problem, yeah it cost a bit more ! but i suspose you only get what you pay for !

thats why im off back to BT never to darken YOUR forum again !
N/A

Re: How rude, lol

I dont really care what you think mate all i no is im waisting £14.99 a month on a product i cant use !

And im not fecking HAPPY about it !

I was a BT customer for nearly five years without so much of a hint of a problem, yeah it cost a bit more ! but i suspose you only get what you pay for !

thats why im off back to BT never to darken YOUR forum again !

No one gives a damm if your not "fecking happy" if you use that sort of language.

And bye the way.... good luck with BT, have fun with them!
N/A

Was not aware fecking was any sort of language you muppet
N/A

if you carry on the way you are writing your posts, no one will help you.
zigzak
Grafter

Quicker the better

I think the quick our "friend" moves his attitude to another ISP the better for us all personally!
Regards,
David
N/A

I do not support this persons attitude but they do make a good point.

A big problem PlusNet always have is that when they change the TOS or implement SUP etc they still force you stick to your original contract length. However most people would think its quite fair that if they stop you doing the things you have the account for in the first place, as long as you werent breaking the old TOS, they SHOULD let you leave immediately. Its them who moved the goalposts and they should be willing to take responsability for it.

Im currently awaiting a migration which hopefully will get sorted before my next billing date but IF it doesnt, I will be annoyed because PlusNet REFUSE to issue refunds too and the only delay would be them forcing me to wait 30 days BEFORE they will even start the migration whereas I need it to have FINISHED in 30 days.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

When we changed the Terms and Conditions in August, we emailed every single customer informing them of this change and gave them a 14 day period when they could leave regardless of whether they had an annual contract or a monthly contract with us.
philproc
Dabbler

When we changed the Terms and Conditions in August, we emailed every single customer informing them of this change and gave them a 14 day period when they could leave regardless of whether they had an annual contract or a monthly contract with us.

Yes I got an e-mail

Yes it did mention that I, by default except the new T&C

nowhere on that email did it say there would be no penalty for leaving.

Dear Mr ***,

This email is to let you know that we are making some changes to your Force9 Terms and Conditions. We are making them shorter and easier to understand, as well as introducing some new features to our network.

Summary of changes:

We have made a number of changes aimed at improving our relationship with our customers.

- Ensuring that our Terms and Conditions comply fully with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, giving you peace of mind when buying from us.
- Reinforcement of our commitment to giving you 'reasonable notice' of any changes, upgrades or alterations to the service.

We have also made a number of changes to the Acceptable Use Policy. The changes mean that we can continue to provide our customers with an excellent quality broadband experience, particularly during peak hours.

- Introduction of 'idle time-outs' for Broadband Plus and ADSL Home Surf customers only. This means that we will disconnect any sessions that are inactive for a period of thirty minutes. As long as your connection is in active use, you will not be disconnected. If you are disconnected you will be able to reconnect straight away. Please note that idle-timeouts will not be implemented on Premier, Pay As You go or Business accounts.
- Introduction of traffic prioritisation techniques to all broadband accounts. This will ensure that we can continue to deliver an excellent and consistent service, particularly at peak times, for customers using time-sensitive applications such as VoIP, email, web browsing and gaming.

You can view the new Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.force9.net/info2/legal/index.html

These new Terms and Conditions will replace all existing Terms and Conditions on Friday 16th September 2005. We will assume that you accept these new Terms and Conditions unless you contact us by this date to indicate otherwise. If you do not wish to accept these new Terms and Conditions please use the Contact Us tool.

If you would like to understand more about our pricing, products and how we manage our network to ensure the best customer experience please visit our Member Centre at http://portal.force9.net/

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued custom.

Kind Regards,
Force9 Customer Support

I read the T&C and from the acceptable use policy I assumed (silly me) that as a premier customer F9 would do as quoted "Traffic shaping is used to a greater or lesser extent on all our Broadband Services. The effects of this should be virtually un-noticeable to Business customers and should only result in a small percentage reduction in peak-time throughput for Premier customers"

I would not say that 3-7 kb/s was a small percentage drop from full speed.

If you had put this in the T&C and made it clear then perhaps some large users would have taken the option to leave. I know I would have.

PLEASE MAKE SOME FURTHER CHANGES AND GIVE US THE OPTION TO LEAVE WITHOUT PENALTY.

6. Broadband Acceptable Use Policy

6.1 General

6.1.1 The Broadband Internet access component of your account is based on a contended service. This policy contains guidelines on how you can use this Service. We manage our network using prioritisation techniques to ensure that during busy periods time sensitive applications such as VoIP, email, gaming and web browsing are given priority over bandwidth intensive, non-time-sensitive applications such as Peer-to-Peer (P2P) file sharing. Traffic shaping is used to a greater or lesser extent on all our Broadband Services. The effects of this should be virtually un-noticeable to Business customers and should only result in a small percentage reduction in peak-time throughput for Premier customers. You can find more information on contention and how we manage our network here.
N/A

Exactly, if I had received an e-mail saying "we are going to restrict all Usenet usage, including external providers and their web sites, to only 15GB of transfer a month after which you will get between 5-30k/sec depending on the time of the day" I would have jumped at the chance to say bye bye.

It was only through coming to the forums I found out that the months of slow Easynews service I have been getting is traffic shaping. While the cap is supposed to be new, approx 4 months ago Easynews dropped from 117k/sec down to 30k/sec and I have been trying ever since to figure out why. As I was on a premier account it never ocurred to me it was Force9 imposing some sort of cap as they claimed that any shaping they did would only be noticed during the busy periods and yet Easynews has been slow 24/7 for months now. However I can download to my webhost in Texas from Easynews at 4MBytes/sec, the slowest its even done to there is 1.5MBytes/sec - so I knew it wasnt their end at fault.

At no point to my knowledge was there any "official" word stating that news services outside of the PlusNet network would be capped. It also doesnt address why web browsing speeds on Force9 and much slower than they were this time last year yet, at least some, other ISPs do not suffer the same problem. Pages used to load practically instantly on 1Mbit, now it takes at LEAST 10 times as long.

I have hopped on to other peoples broadband in passing just to check out the difference and its STUNNING. Force9 are possibly the slowest ISP now for general web browsing. Its not my line because the portal loads as fast as most sites used to do.