cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement From Plusnet

LiamM
Grafter

Sorry to be rather impatient but I was wondering if you (Plusnet) have now specified a day to make the "exciting" announcement that is due this week.

I myself am very looking forward to it, just wanted to know when it was going to happen!

Cheers,
Liam
56 REPLIES
Community Veteran

'Sometime this week' is the best they have given. It's more likely to be nearer friday than tuesday I suspect.
N/A

I also am waiting to hear about this, seeing as I /was/ going to upgrade my account this weekend but caught word of this announcement happening. Smiley
N/A

Does anyone actually know what this will be about?
I was also about to change my account or move ISP but caught wind of this announcement.
Community Veteran

The announcement relates to premier products (both current and historical) and possibly other areas related to premier accounts. The exact details are unknown.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Well, what can I say here?

Anyone see the cricket yesterday? Cheesy

Not long now....
N/A

One thing I have just read in the NG, that worries me, is a PN post stating its something to do with the MaxDSL ( as if we didnt know) but the post also mentions (vaguely) prices etc.

The 2Mb premier customers are still waiting for their discoutn/special offer, and if the offer is just opening up this DSL for us with no discount or anything, what is special about it..

(still waiting to fall off the chair in surprise lol)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Don't worry. I just can't say anything yet.
N/A

what happens if we rush plusnet towers, and tie you all to your chairs, and hold you to ransom..... will you tell us then!!
N/A

Im just hoping it involves us user still on EasyStart accounts.
N/A

Am also curious what it 's all about now... What interests me if it's about price though is that the faster the user (ie. the 2MB guys), they get cheaper and cheaper but some of us who for BT technical reasons are stuck on 512k service pay the same... any chance of redux from my current ££ to say just a 512k all you can eat for something like £9.99 ... if I can get limited 2MB at £14.99 that doesn't sound too unfair?

a.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

what happens if we rush plusnet towers

Well you could either stand outside in the rain, jump up and down outside in the rain, or go and visit one of the "interesting establishments" down Attercliffe Road.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote tags fixed for you.
N/A

oh well, it was a thought!!, guess I will get an inch closer to the edge of me chair instead then!
cja
Grafter

Ok,

What about the Lite users ?

At the super lite end 1Gb for 14.99 is ok and the premier its bit overpriced but in the middle PlusNet is serious out of synch, because the pre-pay per Gb is way too pricey (see F2S's prices).

Can those of us between 5-25Gb get some kind of deal please ?

Otherwise we won't be here to help offset the Premier users....
N/A

Upgrades

I am glad that i saw this topic on the forum. I was about to as a few others going to upgrade over the weekend. Looks like i could have saved myself some money by not, will have to see.

I noticed earlyer that the Lite service has a slight change now. The 2meg connection is £14.99 the same as the 1meg :? whats that all about then?Huh