cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And now they've broken the LLU connection!

N/A

They are having a bad week aren't they! Trying to improve the Tiscali reliability, they've managed to kill it!

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45537

I think I've had enough.

Is anyone on LLU connected (obviously most of you won't be able to read this while the line is dead!)?
16 REPLIES
N/A

I'm on LLU and haven't been able to connect since this morning. Also, when I was first moved to LLU I had a month of downtime. *sigh*
kosh2
Grafter

How long before Tiscali and I told you so appear in the same sentence on this forum?
N/A

So does this mean we probably won't be able to connect until at least tomorrow morning? That's what it seems to suggest.

I badly need the ADSL connection tonight too.
Community Veteran

I guess i''m one of the 2000 that they have fixed. Been off-line since 05:35 this morning.

And to answer your question: Yes, it appears the problem for many is on-going with no fix time known.
N/A

Customer Service and Reliability Degradation

Here's a typical exchange with PN Support (note their tardy and uninformative replies)...

Support Wizard Journey]

[Additional Information]
Hi PN,

My apache logs (for http://www.AAAAAAAAA.plus.com) have stopped updating (again).
The most recent entry is from June 7th.
Please could you reinstate the missing days as well as turning them back on. If you can't do it seamlessly, then any kind of logging you can provide for the last couple of days would win a consolation prize.

Regards,

AAAAAAAA

WWWWWW CSC Agent 10:16am, Thursday 15th June 2006
++INTERNAL++
Passing to correct pool.
Regards,
WWWWWW

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

UUUUUUUUU Customer Support Centre 1:33pm, Thursday 15th June 2006
Dear Mr AAAAAAAAAAA,
Due to a problem with the webstats service, some raw logs have not been generated, We have now resolved this problem & you logs should be available from tomorrow.

Sorry for the lost time.

Regards,
UUUUUUUUU

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 8:19pm, Thursday 22nd June 2006
Hi,

As I explained, the gap in the logs is most inconvenient - I only look at them when it's important, and normally discover they're not working - this isn't something to be proud of on your side. It's not much use you switching them back on later. Could you please pull the gapped period from your aggregated logs - it can't be much more than a single grep can it?

Regards,

AAAAAAAAA

ZZZZZZZZZ CSC Agent 8:21pm, Thursday 22nd June 2006
Dear Mr AAAAAAAA,
I am forwarding your query for further advice.

[Internal]
Please investigate, action and/or advise as applicable.

Regards,
ZZZZZZZZZZZ

YYYYYYYYYY IE - Network Support & Problems 12:48pm, Wednesday 12th July 2006
Dear AAAAAAAAAA,
Unfortunately we are not able to restore these lost raw logs.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards,
YYYYYYYYYY

Your comment 1:04pm, Wednesday 12th July 2006
Can't or won't?
I'm pretty fed up with how long it's taken for one of you to give a stock answer that conveniently requires no action on your part. Have you addressed the other part of my query? Why were the logs missing in the first place? If you've not understood this, then how can you possibly know that they're going to continue working.
If you cannot answer this sensibly, then please escalate to your manager.
Regards,
AAAAAAAAAA

XXXXXXX CSC Agent 10:27pm, Friday 14th July 2006
Dear Mr AAAAAAAAAAA,
Why were the logs missing in the first place?
We had an internal problem whereby these logs were not created due to a server problem, unfortunately it is not possible to recover these logs.
We believe that this issue has now been resolved and that logs should be created as usual.

Regards,
XXXXXXXX

Your comment 11:00pm, Friday 14th July 2006
I work in IT too, and that's just meaningless icing on your intial answer - "a server problem"... it doesn't narrow down the problem, and it certainly gives me NO CONFIDENCE that you've understood anything about the original problem.

Your customer support used to be so good, but those days are gone.
In fact, your whole offering is tarnished by poor reliabilty and doublespeak spam from your insane marketing department.

Typical of your reliability failings is that I'm using non-plus dialup to leave this message - you unbundled me onto tiscali infrastructure WITHOUT MY CONSENT and I've been unable to connect on DSL for 7 hours. Your support line doesn't answer, and your sales line (answering very quickly I note - always ready to take more money from unsuspecting idiots eh?) say it's not your fault - it is one of your suppliers. I don't have a contract with Tiscali, I have one with you, and you are breaching it right now. I don't want to hear your whining about suppliers, and I don't want to hear all your sustainable nonsense - I am a light user - therefore presumably profitable - just give me some kind of reliability instead of excuses, customer service instead of ill considered and poorly implemented website gimmicks.
N/A

My connection's just started working again.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

The LLU connections should now be back up and running. We are monitoring the situation this morning to ensure that the connections are working as they should.

With regards to web logs there was an issue a couple of weeks ago, which dates are your logs missing for?
N/A

I'm on LLU and I lost my connection for about 30 minutes at 9:15pm.

No really issue if you ask me.
N/A

Maybe not for you, but lots of us had no connection for almost 24 hours! Especially those who work from home like me Smiley

This is the second instance of 24 hours or more downtime for me in the last 3 months. Sadly I'm beginning to realise 'you get what you pay for' isn't just a load of old rubbish spouted at me by my Dad. Sadly, he's right Smiley

I'm beginning to think I should buy myself an old 56k modem for when it inevitably falls over again.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Reading all of these LLU issues, just makes me glad I opted out.

I ask myself "Do I want PlusNet to make a change to my account, which is only advantageous to themselves should it work, at risk of killing my connection?". Bit of a no-brainer that one me thinks - I'd rather they leave it well alone.

It seems Tiscali Wholesale are no different from Retail in thems of their (ahem) reputation.
N/A

36 hours, and still no connection - and no call back from CS after I left a message on the fault line ANSWER PHONE!
Highlighted
N/A

36 hours, and still no connection - and no call back from CS after I left a message on the fault line ANSWER PHONE!

I had a call back (about 4pm yesterday) after leaving a message approximately 7.30am on Friday, however I wonder if it was coincidental that they only managed to call me back after the problem was resolved? The guy who called said : "Oh, we can see that you're connected now so just want to make sure the problem was resolved and everything was working fine".

He did actually have the courtesy to admit that there had been a cockup at PN's end rather than blaming it on Tiscali, which surprised me.

I've started looking around for a new ISP and am going to buy myself a 56k modem for when this (inevitably) happens again with PN Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I'm sure you can appreciate, on Friday we had more callback requests than on any other day, so it took a while to work through them all. The faults agents called everyone back in order, regardless of the type of fault experienced.
sonata

That would imply that everyone who left a message on the answerphone has now had a call back ?

I know I certainly haven't.

Not that I'm bothered now. But a call-back at some point during the day while service was unavailable would have been useful, to know if it was a fault with my account, or more general, as I was obviously unable to connect to read about it.

Steve