cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An open letter to Plusnet

N/A

Dear Plusnet,

I have been a customer of yours for over three years. For the majority of that time, I have been happy with the service you have provided and I have been happy to recommend Plusnet to friends and colleagues.

Sadly, the last few weeks have seen a rapid and severe decline in the quality of your service. Many users are voicing their concerns, many are leaving and whereas previously, it was safe to recommend Plusnet, now the complete opposite applies. On the basis of recent performance and perceived long term performance, my recommendation for any potential customers now is to avoid Plusnet.

As a customer, I naturally have a vested interest in the running of the company and with the current state of affairs, there are some matters that give me grave cause for concern, not just for the current service but the future too.

Most importantly is the complete lack of communication from Plusnet management, acknowledging that there are operational problems at the moment and what is being done to rectify them. The information coming from those in the varying degrees of forum moderation roles is often contradictory, confusing and vague. I don't consider this a bad reflection on those individuals as I suspect many of them are confused and badly informed themselves but the lack of communication from the management team, at the very least in terms of damage mitigation, is extremely poor form.

Why was the decision made to impose the current traffic management system without providing the necessary automated infrastructure to back this up?

Why are the bandwidth limits for all traffic types and all account types not published?

Why was it considered acceptable to extend (even on an alledged temporary basis) the peak hour times and not provide the customers with the necessary tools to monitor the impact of this decision on their usage?

Why have precise dates not been published for activation of all the necessary automated processes required by the current traffic management system?

How was the cost of internal overheads caused by the dependency on manual procedures and increased support requirements reconciled against the costs saved on network operation, the cost of lost customers and the cost of lost goodwill from those customers whose business now rests on thin ice?

Why has no one from Plusnet management had the decency to come forward, explain the rationale behind the current operational nightmare, admit that all is not well and explain precisely what is being done to correct this and what is going to be done to restore customers' feelings of good will?

It is clear to me that strong action is required by Plusnet to stem the tide of discontent that is widespread on this forum and others. Without this, myself and other customers will be deducing the inevitable conclusion that Plusnet's management team is weak and hiding behind the front of their poor forum moderators and customer support agents.

Someone, somewhere within Plusnet has made the decision to implement a system which is not working and that has a severe impact on many accounts. That system has failed and is bad for business. As customers, we deserve an explanation and perhaps an apology too.

I hope that Plusnet can begin to restore my faith in them by providing a clear statement from the necessary level that answers the points I have raised above and the many other points raised by other customers on the forums. If Plusnet's reputation is to survive, it is time to step up to the breach. I hope that Plusnet have the integrity to do this.

Thank you,

Mark
21 REPLIES
N/A

Well said Mark
N/A

you'll know doubt have a responce from a member of staff soon, trying to cover every aspect you've highlighted, they seem to be trained in the arts of covering up, its either that or they ignore you because they know your right.
N/A

I am the son of god. If PlusNet don't reply, they know I'm right.

MAN I love that rule. Its made me the man/son of god I am today.
N/A

I am the son of god. If PlusNet don't reply, they know I'm right.

Ain't that what plus.net do actually? "We thereby change previous terms and conditions and if you don't reply to this email by calling us on premium line it shall mean you agree whole heartedly".
N/A

Except they dont send you the email in the first place. At least I've never had an email not to reply to!
lank111
Grafter

Fair shout, lets start getting anwsers and start changing back into a service provider we can all like n trust
N/A

I was rather hoping that there might be some form of acknowledgement from someone in the Plusnet team to my letter and that acknowledgement would be sooner rather than later, especially given the moderators are active on the forum. Whilst I don't think it is the responsibility of the moderators to answer each of the points, I do think it is their responsibility to acknowledge and indicate any further action likely.

The responsibility for answering the specific points and the responsibility for the quality of service provided lies with Plusnet management. The manner in which they chose to respond to this indicates the manner in which they value their customers.

Mark
N/A

Disappointing to see no reply from PlusNet to this topic, even if just to say that it's been read and passed on to whoever it is that collates such feedback to try and improve.
channel
Grafter

to the OP:

*Signed*
wheelnut
Grafter

Plusnets vision for 2006:-

"We are absolutely determined to make PlusNet the most recommended ISP in the UK."

UNFORTUNATLY THAT WILL NOT BE ACHIEVED BY TWIDDLING NUMBERS ON A SPREADSHEET IN A COSY OFFICE SITUATED INSIDE THE PLUSNET IVORY TOWER.
N/A

2006-01-10
08:11:49
link:CSA Removed
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr briffa,
As with any public or private forum, only the more extreme views are aired, as only those who have something to say will post. Nobody ever, as I am sure you will appreciate, will post to say "My connections working at full speed, and I've not ecperienced any problems". As such, it is only to be expected that a disproportionate number of people posting in the forum will indicate a problem.
Please see the following link which should clarify the issue:

http://usergroup.plus.net/news_1pctfigures.php

Regards,
link:CSA Removed

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-01-10
10:09:15
You
Assigned : dont try and paronise me link:CSA Removed, i was airing my point of view, have plus net also taken that wright as well
lewis
this is more of ther utter dissregard and contemt for us all, its these people who should be pressured once they fall plusnet will relise that it is we who pay our sums of money each month and expect a service of hight standard like it used to be
they come back with the one liners, we ar here to help you, iam sorry they are not doing a very good job
lewis
ps we must keep posting are opinions good or bad

[Moderator's Note by Liam (martinfamily) : Removed CS Agent Names from post - this is against the forum rules]
Ianwild
Grafter

I was rather hoping that there might be some form of acknowledgement from someone in the Plusnet team to my letter and that acknowledgement would be sooner rather than later, especially given the moderators are active on the forum. Whilst I don't think it is the responsibility of the moderators to answer each of the points, I do think it is their responsibility to acknowledge and indicate any further action likely.

The responsibility for answering the specific points and the responsibility for the quality of service provided lies with Plusnet management. The manner in which they chose to respond to this indicates the manner in which they value their customers.

Mark

Hi Mark,

This is certainly a post which we would like to respond to - It's constructive and raises some very valid questions. Hopefully we can do that in a way that satisfies you about our intentions for the future and acknowledges the mistakes made and things that could and should have been done better in recent times. There is a commitment here to ensuring that outstanding issues are addressed (The ones affecting people's experience now being the priority), and that is what the people responsible for these areas need to focus on right now.

On that basis, I'm sure you can apreciate how busy everyone is, and while I completely accept the that a very quick response here would be ideal, I hope you can understand that these are complicated issues which can't be answered by a quick post penned by one individual.

Stewart (As the person responsible for comms in this forum) will come back to you and the rest of the forum to respond to this further, but first he has to be in a position to present clear and accurate information which will help rather than hinder all of our efforts, and to do that will take some time.

With Regards,

Ian
Community Veteran

WB Ian. Smiley
lank111
Grafter

nice1 ian, welcome bk!