Now theres a good cause.

Maybe one day we will meet again
When all your customers are belong to Zen. Wink

Farewell Chaps
15 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

An ode to my PlusNet….

Hehe... I have to say, it's very well written...
Community Veteran

An ode to my PlusNet….

@ hyperx

LMAO :lol:

Nicely! Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

An ode to my PlusNet….

Come back William McGonagall. All is forgiven. :lol:
trentboy
Grafter

An ode to my PlusNet….

hahahh thats brill Smiley
holdtight
Grafter

An ode to my PlusNet….

Love it very good Cheesy
N/A

An ode to my PlusNet….

lol, how long did it take to write that up then? Smiley Very nice Smiley
I signed upto Zen 2mb this morning, and my account goes live on the 8th Feb, woot!
Alecto
Grafter

An ode to my PlusNet….

No good kainzy. That doesn't rhyme.

There's a new forum rule that all complaints about Plusnet/Announcements of leaving must be in rhyming couplets. :lol:
Community Veteran

An ode to my PlusNet….

lol! It's nice to see some good humour around here, even if there is a complaint hidden inside it somewhere. Cool

Thomas
chymorva
Grafter

An ode to my PlusNet….

Each to their own, I suppose. However I have just looked at the Zen website and a few things immediately stuck out:

1. The page initially shows ex-VAT prices (you have to click to show inc-VAT) - IMO an "attention grabber" (not an uncommon practice I must admit)

2. 2Mb costs £34.99/month (compared to PN Premier 2Mb costing £21.99)

3. Contention is higher (50:1)

4. Speed upgrades cost £17.63 (instead of £14.99)

5. Customer support is decidedly limited (PN is 24/7)

That was just my initial impression !!

To quote a phrase: "You can't please all the people all the time". IMO the only people who are worse off with PN are those who wish to download in excess of the prescribed allowance. Those of us who have less bandwidth requirement are served very well by PN.
channel
Grafter

An ode to my PlusNet….

Each to their own, I suppose. However I have just looked at the Zen website and a few things immediately stuck out:

1. The page initially shows ex-VAT prices (you have to click to show inc-VAT) - IMO an "attention grabber" (not an uncommon practice I must admit)

A bit like the Plus Net Shop, you mean?
N/A

An ode to my PlusNet….

@chymorva

you point about #3. First all contention for residential is 50:1 (this is at the exchange and is based on your BT bill (or other provider using the BT network)

once you are on the ISP network (Zen your are at 1:1 from exchange to Zen, Plus.net you are 30:1 from exchange)

I quote from plus.net website
"PlusNet network contention and the BT contention ratio are different, but both apply to your connection. PlusNet network contention is the maximum contention you will experience on our broadband network, which helps you choose the most appropriate product. The BT contention ratio describes how many other broadband users you share with at your local telephone exchange." http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/contention_guide.shtml

From Zen's website
"BANDWIDTH TO SPARE
We guarantee NO CONTENTION on our core network. Uncompromised service with bandwidth investment that stays well ahead of customer demand is the only sure way to deliver honest performance that provides full Internet enjoyment and business-critical reliability" http://www.zenbroadband.com/ADSL.aspx?page=182

While the price is greater I am more than happy to pay that for an unlimited service. People like us winge about limits, not because we want more bandwidth for nothing but because we want more bandwidth and don't mind paying it but with P2P limits of 20GB per billing period for 2/3rd's of the day it is a little not what I signed up for 4 years ago.

With services like movies on demand from Sky launching and listening to most of my music online (streamed) as well as any software that I download for my profession, plus.net has become to small for me.

You may find if PN offered an unlimited package or a package with extreme limits for a higher price people like myself, Mindsmedia and trentham would stay.
chymorva
Grafter

An ode to my PlusNet….

As I said: "Each to their own".
I quite agree that if you need high bandwidth then PN is not the best ISP, but my point was that if your requirements were less then PN is better than Zen.
chymorva
Grafter

An ode to my PlusNet….

A bit like the Plus Net Shop, you mean?

Good point channel, I hadn't ventured in to the shop before.
N/A

An ode to my PlusNet….

well,

I got to say im not much of a poet but that one is sweet.

Hmm, perhaps if Liam wouldnt mind a Quotes and funnies area in plusnetters with this poem inside of it Wink with permission off course :lol: