cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An impassioned plea to Plus Net

N/A

You may have noticed lately, that the level of customer confidence in this company is at an all time low.

I base this on the number of critical posts, some from former ardent supporters of Plus Net, appearing here and on ADSL Guide.

I have never seen so many different areas of complaint before. In the past there was maybe one single issue at a time giving some customers cause for concern / complaint. At the moment there are several.

1. The somewhat dubious selling of products which do not yet exist.

2. The retraction of a promise to email customers with information about the
availability of cheaper products.

3. The apparent inability to communicate effectively and coherently with your
customers.

4. The imposition of traffic shaping / management measures to the detriment
of customers.

5. The inability to manage / implement said traffic shaping without having a
detrimental effect on many customers.

6. The lack of willingness to invest more money in your network, resulting in
the failure to light another segment of the 622 pipe.

7. Showing blatant disregard for your customers to the benefit of margin and
shareholders.

8. The apparent downward trend in the provision of quality customer support.

I could go on.

If the bandwidth leechers, which you claimed where having such a detrimental effect on your network, had caused this degree of hassle for customers you guys would have been shouting from the rooftops. It is not right that 24/7 downloader’s affect other customers but it is also not right that your actions also have a negative effect on our connections, irrespective of how small.

I have supported this ISP many times in the past. I have referred many customers to you and had hoped to continue to do so and even increase the number of referrals, as your marketing team will confirm.

At this point I cannot honestly do so. I need to have confidence in the products and services which I sell. At the moment I do not have that level of confidence in this ISP.

This post is an attempt to plead to Plus Net management to address the issues highlighted above or give some clear indication of what you intend to do to restore customer confidence.

For me, things with Plus Net are at an all time low with no sign of an improvement on the horizon.

If any of the above are factually incorrect, then perhaps you could educate me. But this, for me, summarises the current customer perception of Plus Net and that cannot be good for any company.

Perhaps Neil would be good enough to read this post and respond.
68 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Very well said Mark, and I'll second every point.

I don't really know what I could possibly add to that.
N/A

I believe that post sums everything up completely , very good posting! Smiley
N/A

Well said that man!

I know Mark is a well respected member on these forums and stood up for PN as little time I have been with PN. For him to have to ask PN this way, he must have reached a decision and realised that its not the odd one or two customers with issues but many of them, including new customers who are seeing a detrimental impact on a service they have purchased in good faith.

I have my MAC code and my migration is in progress. If PN do sit up and listen, then it will be sorted for the remaining customers. Unfortunately it too late for me and PN you had to chance to retain me and many more customers.

Again well said Mark.

Ray
LiamM
Grafter

Just a request from a moderation point of view. Lets try and keep this thread proactive and refrain from posting individual issues and complaints.

Will be interesting to hear PN's response.
N/A

Good Call pcsni Wink
N/A

I think a detailed response is merited here.

Customer perceptions are vital to any company.
Community Veteran

Agreed with everything. Not on the connection side of things, but still and issue for many what about the CGI/CCGI and MySQL provision? I look forward to a response from PN.
N/A

I would like to sign this post as over the past week while I have been waiting for my transfer from Pipex to Plusnet I have read quite a few disturbing threads about customer support and the service provided.

The reason why I decided to move about a week ago was the glowing reviews many many friends and Internet articles I had read/seen or been told about that this company got.

I must say since then I have read quite a few forum posts about shaping, slow tickets for customer support and people being warned for bandwidth limits. It is beginning to look a little daunting and I must say my confidence is slightly shaken... I could still cancel my transfer but I want to let it go through and experience it for my self.

However If this continue to go down hill as they are looking now then I will probably regret my change to this ISP, I really hope I don’t as it really does look like a great company.

Please take PSNI's comments seriously he may only be a volunteer but he knows what he is talking about and you will only benefit from heeding his concerns.

-------------
Ben
PlusNet ADSL Customer (Broadband Premier up to 2Mbs) Customer
Community Veteran

@sabaoth welcome, I hope you don't regret migrating into plusnet but only they will be able to ensure that.
N/A

Yep I very much hope so as well and thanks.
N/A

I would also like to echo Marks sentiments.
N/A

I just wish I had the chance to read this before I opened my Plusnet account.
I do use P2P, I download music and share it, I know it's not strictly legit but I believe that the internet was created to do just that, share, be it music, ideas, technology...anything.
I find that Plusnet is absolutely hopeless for sharing music files due to the traffic shaping, throttling, or whatever it is.
I had a 512k Tiscali account which was way way faster and now wish I had never changed it. I got a "premier" account as I thought that P2P was not restricted, only to find that it is no different whatsoever to the "plus" account. Downloads on a supposedly 2meg connection at an average of 10kbps..come on Plusnet.
I have never been able to connect at the max connection of 2mbps...1.1mbps is the tops.
The guarantee that they display on the site, "no risk.....no commitment...if your not completely satisfied...we will pay for you to migrate to another ISP", well I tried that...was told that I had a commitment to pay the monthly subs until the end of the 12 month contract and the deferred activation costs plus hardware costs.
If you are thinking about signing up with these bozos...think again my friend.
Saturn
Grafter

mcpheators, have you checked to see whether you have the 'Surf' option activated (off of Connection Settings). If it is set to Surf that could account for the apparent performance similarity (poor p2p) with the Plus account.

Back to the thread - I too am concerned by the apparent misdirection by PlusNet. I changed to the Premier account partly on the basis that it was sold as a 'clean' connection. What with FUP, not FUP, traffic shaping and the scurrilous sales of 4/8MB connections that don't exist, I'm beginning to feel rather uncomfortable with this supplier. I haven't said very much in this regard to date but I sincerely hope PlusNet listen before it's too late.
N/A

It concerns me greatly we have no comment from PN.

Ray