cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An idea to stop the moaning (albeit called for)

N/A

Why dont plusnet make a new cross the board offer to their customers of FREE imediate cancellations.

What they may lose in setup costs/migrations fees would be covered by the reduced usage of the leavers.

Customers would either agree to leave straight away or if migrating once they get their mac code signed to another provider.

ALL charges would be waived (again given the savings to plusnet on reduced bandwith usage).

If any customers stayed after the time period they then would have to agree to all terms and usages which would be spelled out fully with no room for confusion.

Also the front signup page would add in 12 point font the actual cost after signup of leaving the FREE service, for new customers.

An email would be sent to all customers with this offer with the cut off date and time ie. 15th November 2005 at 11.59pm.

This would end all bitching as everyone wouyld know exactly where they stand and those who thought they signed up for whatever service would have a chance to leave without penalty.

Again PLUSNET would benefit as the cost reduction for the extra usage would ofset any payments lost.
8 REPLIES
N/A

post subject

progromez you are quite right on most points but i would sugest that
information regarding plusnets products/pricing /usage ect is freely
available within the portal IFYOU NEED IT this is not a defence of
plusnet but it there for anyone new and old to read and digest
regards trevor
bluejam
Grafter

Plusnet aren't stupid, they know that people won't stay with them if their connection is consistently bad and so that way, they get lighter traffic and the fees.
N/A

Thats the problem.

I think its bad business to try and make people leave by reducing what they thought they signed up for until they have no choice. Not only do they lose the customer leaving a bad taste but because of this the customer WILL tell everyone they know to keep away. Most of these they tell will probably be in the demographic that plusnet actually want.
N/A

I think its bad business to try and make people leave by reducing what they thought they signed up for until they have no choice

See the bolding in the quote.

Isn't that the users own fault?

If people did the common snse thing of reading what they up for in full (full product description (not just the summary), T&Cs of offers, T&C's of service and the AUP), they would know that almost every provider has provisions in place for this sort of thing.

They will also know what the likely outcome of such action is.

So why do customers have such a bad taste? Surly they knew it could be coming?
N/A

All other providers outline on their sign up page how much a user can download. Plusnet only recently added the figures of 100gb and 30gb peak to their terms and conditions of their NO LIMIT download premier service which they advertised as an alternative to their plus account for HEAVY downloaders?

And you are arguing that the customer was informed?

I signed up for a Plus account as I thought PEAK time throttling meant PEAK time but it really meant 24/7. (Deception 1)

I then moved to a premier account because this they said was ideal for heavy downloading. They have now put in strict limits which werent there in June(when I signed up) which go against their "Heavy Downloader Unlimited Service" Statement. (Deception 2)

What I ask is that they now offer a FREE cancellation of there service as it has changed beyond recognition to what people signed up for.

Instead of there present stance of hounding out the undesirables by reducing their service to 56k levels. Thats fair? If you dont want their custom kick them off for FREE. Dont try and have it both ways and justify it because most users only download 10gb? Id understand if at the start people signed up for 10gb services or even 100gb services.

And the talk of having provision in the terms by being vague. If you knew that 200gb downloads were excessive then you should have put it in black and white.

Its like a phone company advertising a service of unlimited calls between 12pm to 12am and getting people to sign up to then change it to a maxumin of 60 mins a day. You could argue that 60mins is a fair amount but its not what people signed up for.

They have actually become worse than other isp in the way they PREDICT usage.
N/A

Isn't that the users own fault?

If people did the common snse thing of reading what they up for in full (full product description (not just the summary)

It is in human nature, right or wrong, to look at the highlights supplied by Plusnet and say that is for me.

Why is it that Plusnet resolutely refuse to highlight the limitations of what they are selling?

Yes the information is available, but only if you go and look for it.

Other ISP’s sell their services with an upfront statement, something like “You have a 15GB monthly download limit” or some such description.

I have no problem with the caps Plusnet have imposed, even though they had not been defined when I joined. I am easily able to stay well within them. What I do not like is the blanket throttling Plusnet have implemented on browsing USENET web sites which makes their use almost impossible during the peak hours. This definitely was not in the sales pitch when I signed my annual contract.

Stop making excuses for Plusnet’s shoddy and dubious business practise.
N/A

Well said simmonds88

Anyway Id like to reiterate my point from the first post.

1. Offer FREE* cancellation or migration for any user for a limited time period.

*free means free not £20 or £30 but FREE ie £0.00
Community Veteran

I'm locking this thread because its really just a continuation of another thread -
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34454

Please avoid duplicating threads in this manner.

Chris