cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An idea for the big MAX wait.

N/A

Would it be possible for the CS department to publish a day-by-day report saying what 'joining date' has been forwarded to BT for a MAX regrade?

You never know, this my placate us (me) a little.

Simon
14 REPLIES
N/A

It doesn't seem to be working like that anymore, at least if I understand this thread on ADSLGuide correctly. Link

As I read it, the OP has been with Plusnet since Juy 2003, is on bog-standard rresidential Option 1 Premier, and has already been submitted for re-grading to ADSLmax

I am on that same product , have been on ADSL with Plusnet since 2002 and not heard a tinkers.
So I can only assume that PlusNet have changed how they are prioritising things.

Ray
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We've now successfully placed about 7,500 DSLMax regrades, we should have an update tomorrow on how many have been completed. I'll see what I can do about getting an update as to where we are in terms of dates being submitted.
N/A

Dave ... as you already have the list of accounts that have been put forward to BT for MaxDSL regrades, why not just host that list (as username only) on a PN hosted portal site ?

That way we can see our names go through and see that others are progressing too.

No flash search tools ... no commitment to service by xxx date ... just a list of names put forward.
N/A

Dave ... as you already have the list of accounts that have been put forward to BT for MaxDSL regrades, why not just host that list (as username only) on a PN hosted portal site ?

You are kidding aren't you? They won't go to that much trouble - it's a big job to do something like that.

So is generating my MAC code too..
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

It's a nice idea but one I think would be too open to abuse, imagine a spammer getting hold of that list and just adding postmaster@ at the beginning and .plus.com at the end.

I'll see what I can do about getting some visibility of how things are going though.
N/A

All I was thinking about was:

Customers* with joining dates prior to xx.xx.2003 have been submitted for
regrade to ADSLmax

* some sort of annoying caveat

Sticky it up top somewhere, less stress all round I think.
Alecto
Grafter

Sounds fair enough. If Pn are indeed doing what they said and going by start date, then this info should be on somebody's notepad.
N/A

The latest variation, as found on ADSL Forum, is:

"All upto 4 and 8MB customers have now had an order submitted for MaxDSL. When this is accepted each customer will be emailed.
We are still submitting approximately 1000 orders per day, as before once this is accepted you will be emailed.
This is being done on billing date, each day the customers with that billing date will have an order submitted, if we have more customers billed on that day than we are allowed to submit orders (approx 1000) then we will prioritise on length of time as a customer, this is on any product, not just ADSL.
Mand Beckett
Plusnet Comms Team
"
Community Veteran

This is just for the problems with people that had billing dates between March/31st and April/5th, those customers did not get moved to the 'new usage limits' on their billing dates due to some other problem PN has had in amongst all the other problems.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

This is just for the problems with people that had billing dates between March/31st and April/5th....

That is not what it says...

...and as your most recent posting, in another thread says:

Clearly we have to take on good faith the information by the OP is factually correct. If it is it means the information provided by PN on the upgrade plan is just not happening as they state/advertise.

doubts creeping in?
Smiley
Ray
Alecto
Grafter

And again, we find out from AG, not from Plusnet's own forum.
No surprise there then.
N/A

So that'll be 7 months for some, with no way of knowing when it's likely.

Come on Mand, give us a clue. Start chucking some weight around please.
Most people (IMHO) were happy with 'joining date' thing. Even if 1000 per day is considered way to slow, the loyalty thing worked.

People want to know when!

Billing dates just make it easy for you, not fair for us.

Simon
jagger
Grafter

Well,lets see.......

My "free" 2 meg upgrade was indeed free,and it was first mooted in about February last year.I got it in November.

As you may be able to tell,I'm not too expectant this time around.

I spotted the bit about ol' time customers getting preferential treatment and simply didn't believe it.I'll probably get forgotten like last time. :roll: Still,when the day does finally arrive,apparently my line will sync @ about 7.3ish.(yeah,right)

And when you know that some folk, in the cities mainly,are already hooked up to 24 meg then 8 meg looks a lot less exciting.

Oh well.
N/A

The latest change in the order of priorities has been mentioned here. So much for having loyal customers at the front of the queue. I wonder if they'll be another change to the changed changes in priority before the week (or even the day) is out.