cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An email addressed to you has been quarantine

N/A

Can anyone please tell me how I can stop receiving emails from plusnet telling me that
"An email addressed to you has been quarantine"?
Thank you.

Joy
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You can't. The only way to stop them is to turn off the AV filtering on your email account, but then you will get the infected email which you will have to deal with locally.

Or set up a rule in your mail client to bin the messages.

The reason the message is sent is sometime legit email is stopped and you then have the option of asking PN to send the 'infected' email to you. Without the warning you would not know the email existed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Turn off the antivirus here then you will get the virus instead
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

I think setting up a rule in your mail client would be the best way to handle these. They should all have the same text in the subject line so you should be able to move all of them into one specific folder or set them to automatically be deleted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Thank you.

Joy
N/A

Okay, so I set up a rule so that any like this now go straight into the deleted folder in outlook express. Then I can look at them (underneath, so to speak). But one just appeared sent to this email address

byra@mercuryaircraftinc.com

which is not my email address.

:?

Joy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I get spam like this from time to time. What the spammers do is send the spam to one email address and BCC the spam to other addresses to try and bypass mail rules and spam filters.

If you right click the email in Outlook Express and go to properties then click details it'll show all the header details for the email, under the "Envelope-to: " line I'd expect to see your address.
N/A

Thank you. I'd deleted it.
Shall do that next time if it happens again.