cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am impressed, bloomin impressed!!!!

N/A

Hi

I have just within the last 24hrs moved to plusnet from aol, since aol is moving support to india and deciding to charge for it's failings via what will be a nat rate number i got my MAC Key and off i went.

To be honest i was a bit dubious at first, but i am well damn impressed, looking at the webcams plus have staff available 24/7 even in the middle of the night.

I have never come across a provider who offers such a service. The way i see it, it's cheaper much cheaper than aol and when i was speaking to tech support last week. just a simple question was answered directly and simply. I tested out the support and that was enough for me to signup.

I am impressed with the overall speed during peak times, no real downspeed. Along with that, i have seen support at every angle, in the forums, via usenet and on the phones.

By god am i glad i moved, plus will be getting more of my business in the future.

Content isn't really provided, but thats understandable, so it escapes the overheads that way. What is does provide though and i didn't realise was lots of member support features like usage monitor etc.

I know most of you already know this, but i can't believe what a difference a change of provider can make.

From what i can see as well ism an problems is usually responded to very quickly within 24hrs if not str8 away.

I will be looking soon to take out two further broadband lines, and if this continues i am definitley going plusnet.

Bang on guys you have won over a very fussy customer within 24hrs!!!

Thanx

John
9 REPLIES
N/A

Welcome to the world of a decent ISP Cheesy theres a reason why people call it AOHELL. Seriously though you picked a good isp to go with for your move. I have worked with a lot of isp's and plusnet is one of the best by far. The only reason I would ever leave them is due to the packages (ie the fact I will be able to get 8mbit any day now). I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
N/A

Welcome to Plusnet replying Ivan

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that your pleased with your move from AOL to Plusnet, I had a number of friends in the past who unfortunately signed up with AOL without knowing much about them or asking for my opinion. I ended up having to sort out a whole host of technical problems related to AOL's aweful software & service.

I was utterley amazed by how much AOL charged for the service (inc indirectly the software too I'm sure) plus in the early days the user not only paid for a high subscription but also for the phone costs per minute on dialup. My friends hadnt realised just how steep the prices would end up being.

**I have been with Force9 ISP which is part of the Plusnet Technology for over five years now and I have to say that since the introduction of broadband the service has got even better. I have seen numerous other people I know being what I call "an ISP surf hog" jumping from one service providor to another but they are never content and always seem to find fault with the providor within a relatively short period of time (Theres no such thing as ISP nirvana anyway!!).

Perhaps its just that some people are never satisfied at the end of the day, me I'm extremely happy with the service I've had from F9 plusnet and as you can see I'm still here so I think that speaks for itself. One of the big points with Plusnet is that your NOT forced to use there software (unlike OAL Of course!) inorder to use the service, no CD software to go wrong, no AOL adapted versions of Microsoft browsers, no very annoying content, no stupid exspensive TV adverts and no! expensive support phone numbers.

Plusnet are a good providor and overall I think you would be VERY hard pushed to find a better ISP than them. PN also manager their network in a way that BT (BT Yahoo or BT Openworld,AOL) DONT which means less virus plagues, users are encouraged to take care of their systems from security, virus precautions etc and this does make a difference by comparison to other ISP's.

**Enjoy!! Enjoy!! Cool

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
N/A

AOL - bad.
Everyone else - good by comparison
PN - Ahead of the game.
good choice
LiamM
Grafter

and Welcome to the Forums... :lol:
N/A

Hi mcgough!

It looks like your post hit the forum about the same time as one I posted with a similar message - in short, I can 'ditto' everything you say and it's great to see someone else sharing in the positive experiences of PN! Wink
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Have to agree, PN are by far, way ahead of the rest, in terms of both reliability and customer support (the two worst being AOHell and Tiscrap)... if only I could convince my mother that AOHell suck :? (she loves their chat rooms too much so won't leave them)
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Hi John.

Would you be the same J McGough from N4N?

You can probably guess who I am from my avatar, though I don't post that much over there.
suec45
Grafter

AOL - bad.
Everyone else - good by comparison
PN - Ahead of the game.
good choice

Hey guys this isnt strictly true, you have obviously never tried talktalk or tiscali. I cannot imagine ANY ISP being worse than talktalk (bad LYING ISP) even AOL.

You have picked a GREAT ISP mcgough, I love PN, have only been here 5 months but any probs sorted out instantly.

Welcome aboard!
N/A

Hi John.

Would you be the same J McGough from N4N?

You can probably guess who I am from my avatar, though I don't post that much over there.

Yes thats me mate, you would be PFF aaaah the memories!!!! :p

Thanx all btw, i am happy that i am now able to use actual pop3 standards for email. where as aol was getting rather restrictive.

However i must defend AOL, you didn't have to use the browser for broadband which is a common misconception. They allowed the use of routers to which i am sure you are all aware, the only problem is they are crap with their support unless your speaking to someone in ireland. Content is good for broadband customers but limited for those on dialup. If you want access to aol's content then you do need the software. however if you just want an internet connection, then a DUN will suffice as your gateway to the net.

On the plus side, AOL is a family isp i would have thought and that how it proves to be so successful. Whereas plusnet is an isp i would have thought for the more experienced net user. They give you what you want and a lot of support features which is severely lacking with aol.

Cos aol is such a huge ISP download speed during peak times (in the evenings) can become the equivalent to that of a 1meg connection. i can see in PN's case this is not so, hwoever i dont know how many customers they do have.

Once again though, i am pleased with the overall move, smooth and painless it was.