cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I seeing things

N/A

Am I seeing things

Right,

I just went looking around the site for a little info and guess what, I have just seen something thats made my eyes bulge :shock:

So BT have passed the trials I assume and have released 8MB and are rolling it out?

Or Easynet and Tiscali have said yep, all trials are good get it rolled out here you go Plusnet?

If not, whats err happeningHuh

Regards,
37 REPLIES
N/A

Am I seeing things

Well that's amazing, I type in my number, it tells me my exchange and it reveals what I've known for the last few years - Exchange now enabled for broadband :lol:

I presume it is still being developed
N/A

Am I seeing things

Clicking on "more" just tells me that my exchange is broadband activated.
I already knew that, not really news is it.
Nothing else whats so ever is mentioned
A pointless exercise
N/A

Am I seeing things

what does it say when you put your telephone number in?

Doesn't say anything new about mine - only that the exchange is enable for broadband

MaxDSL isn't being trialled at my exchange but we do have Easynet..
N/A

Am I seeing things

Well,

Same as you lot, my number eveals that..... I can get broadband. Well I hope so else I must have one jammy Dial up connection !! :lol:

But seriously, this has taken it out of the previously "When it is released" advertising and is clearly telling people that it is available to the public now, basically.

This is definately advertising for the speed and not no "When BT confirm the success of the trials" in my eyes.

What do you lot think ?
N/A

Am I seeing things

PN had no shame about advertising and charging for 8Mb coming soon when in fact it was nowhere near "Coming soon"
So I guess they feel the same way about advertising that it's here now, when it's not
N/A

Am I seeing things

Haven't we been told over 1 year ago that from april 2005 everyone will get 8MB connection?
N/A

Am I seeing things

Indeed.

So going on these calculatins if Soon = 12 months +, what do we suppose, Ladies and Gentlemen, what Out Now would equate to ?

another 8 months ? lol

I hope not, but I would love to hear from Plusnet about this one and see what the story is so far.

Regards,
___oDiN__
Grafter

Am I seeing things

i remember when i was paying 38 for 2mb and told to hang on as 8mb was almost here i needed to keep paying to be top of the list or not get it for ages !!!

8 months later im still on 2mb saving 16 and no hope of 8mb yet !!

i wonder how many people who dont visit the site or forums still pay the higher amount and are non the wiser

i wonder indeed
ceridwen
Grafter

Am I seeing things

That was when the disillusionment with PN began - when they started selling and taking money for a product they could not supply.

Interesting that they can do the development work on the portal needed to sell products months in advance of those products being available but can't do the necessary development work needed to monitor your usage according to the latest SUP/Management prior to it being implemented.

Matthew
N/A

Am I seeing things

Very good point indeed Matthew.
N/A

Am I seeing things

be there's 24mbit almost at my exchange. Come march it'll be enabled and im outta here.
___oDiN__
Grafter

Am I seeing things

another item that concerned me on a different thread was the update to the vmu tool for the new peak peak 8am to 4pm extra bit to be added, why is this really being devoleped as its SUPPOSED to be redundant asap (feb at the latest we are told) when the peak time are returned to the proper and decent 4pm to midnight only times

or is that not going to be the case i wonder.

surely the time spend developing this tool would be better spent on getting the system fully automated to prevent the crap we are seeing at the moment
N/A

Am I seeing things

ordinsrealm,

I would think hat perhaps it is being developed because when the times do change back to 4pm till midnight the 20gb caps on ftp, usenet and p2p will still apply and thus people will want to monior it,

Regards,
___oDiN__
Grafter

Am I seeing things

ordinsrealm,

get the name right or ill send my son thor round to smite thee with his hammer !!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy