cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I paying too much

jlgreen
Dabbler

Am I paying too much

I took out 512kb Premier Broadband in Sept last year and then upgraded that to 1MB Premier Monthly a bit later on in the year. I pay £29.99 per month.

A mate has just told me that the price of this product has reduced to £21.99 but existing customers have to ask for this price to be applied. When was the price reduced and why weren't we told we could change over to this new payment if that is the case.

Also, if my payments were reduced to £21.99 for the same 1MB Premier Monthly, am I then roped in to a new 12 month contract or can I leave Plusnet in September as I plan to?

Is there any charge at all once the 12 month period is up? I didn't have the free modem or anything.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Am I paying too much

You can select a monthly contract, I believe...
You are paying too much and you can downgrade to the £21.99 package and possibly get better than 512k if you can get higher than that in your area (up to 2mb)
simonh
Grafter

Am I paying too much

For what we're getting now, we're ALL paying too much. Wink
Alecto
Grafter

Am I paying too much

If you look at the product comparison pages under the Residential heading on the portal, you'll see that all contracts are now monthly. The only time limitations relate to free connection, or equipment where you have to pay money back if you leave within 5 years. If you have none of these, then there's no more to pay if you leave after 12 months.

You should ring them and ask to switch to the Premier up to 2 Mb service for £21.99.

You could have done this months ago and saved £8 a month for the same thing, but there's pages and pages of stuff on the forums about how Pn should have told people but didn't, if you're interested. Seems they just didn't tell people.

You would also qualify for the free upgrade to 2Mb for the same price, if you stayed around long enough, or pay £14.99 and get upgraded to 2Mb now if your line can take it. But if you're going, there'll be no point in that.
N/A

Am I paying too much

So true, Simon..

Maybe we're all on the wrong ISP :lol:
N/A

Am I paying too much

Demand a refund too.