cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I one of the 1%?

Community Veteran

Am I one of the 1%?

I'll just point out before a mod does, posting about other ISP's isn't liked in this forum ;-) AdslGuide is the best place but IIRC chat about other ISP's is allowed in General Chit Chat and What was ADSL and Broadband (I can't remember it's new name ;-) )

Having said that Zen or F2S seem to be where most people are going!
kosh2
Grafter

Am I one of the 1%?

HI, I am the original poster on this.

There was always a degree of tongue in cheek when I asked if I was one of the 1% on my 20-30GIG as I knew there was not but it was nice to see someone stating a level of 100GIG.

I am never going to get to that level and quite frankly what would I do with 100GIG of data (legally.) If PN are saying that for people like me (a medium user) that the service should be lighting fast then fine but I do not see it. So if needs be remove the 100GIG people and leave the rest of us with this mythical' fast service. Somehow I am dubious.

Some of my deep down questions or challenges in the original post have not been answered as yet.

1: Why am I getting such poor download speeds at present (though I admit Usenet seems to have sped up over the last couple of days.) Why does it take so long to download a well seeded P2P file?

2: How can PN justify capping in one hand and yet tantilise us (along with other ISPs and the British IT media) with HDTV via wire and VOIP and BBC archives etc? I can see potentially the medium user WILL BE the 100gig user because of all this exciting new content. Can a PN person answer that and reassure me?

3. Is my wife justified in disapproving my amount of Half Life 2 deathmatch palying. :twisted:
Community Veteran

Am I one of the 1%?

3) Yes :razz:

As for the others I'll let someone else deal with them ;-)
N/A

Am I one of the 1%?

We are working on some systems that will speed up downloads for the vast majority of customers. I.e. as you download more and more things gradually slow down, but your first X GB per month is lightning fast.

So whats the point of having SUP limits? if speeds are going to be around 5kbs once you go over X GBs per month? I never been over 50GB but if I want to and stay within the SUP then I would want to have the fastest speeds possible without any help from ISPs contributing to SLOW SPEEDS.

If you feel people should not use 99GB per month every month, then why not SET levels which are more suitable.
N/A

Am I one of the 1%?

No official response?
N/A

Am I one of the 1%?

It will be easier to sell sand to an arab than get an direct answer to a question from this lot............ Evil
N/A

Am I one of the 1%?

glad I was never one of the 1%, I may have been close occassionaly. But as I have already said 'you are not just affecting the 1%'