cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I on this max thing or not?

N/A

Hi,

PlusNet will not indicate to me that I am being upgraded to the DSLMax. They closed this ticket asking them because I already had a ticket open complaining about my line.

Its up, then down, then in training. It does this 3-4 times before staying up for 10 mins. And it gets so slow.
They say BT have made some changes. I said its made no difference. Are they doing more, and I hear nothing.

I know my symptoms are the same as others on here, so I maybe have DSLMax now?

Its frustrating, because I want to find the root of the problem. I'll take it on myself to get BT to fix it if it is them.........
But my ticket has gone quiet.

I dont know which way to turn now in order to get my problem fixed...
6 REPLIES
N/A

router/modem stats?

Speed tests?
N/A

Re: Am I on this max thing or not?

Hi,

PlusNet will not indicate to me that I am being upgraded to the DSLMax. They closed this ticket asking them because I already had a ticket open complaining about my line.

Its up, then down, then in training. It does this 3-4 times before staying up for 10 mins. And it gets so slow.
They say BT have made some changes. I said its made no difference. Are they doing more, and I hear nothing.

I know my symptoms are the same as others on here, so I maybe have DSLMax now?

Its frustrating, because I want to find the root of the problem. I'll take it on myself to get BT to fix it if it is them.........
But my ticket has gone quiet.

I dont know which way to turn now in order to get my problem fixed...

Forget it, you wont get a decent steady speed. Everyone apart from a select few (who rave on this forum about how great it is :S ) , get a dire service. I wouldn't expect to notice the difference when you get upgraded.
My speeds are much worse than what I had before, today isn't too bad, I'm getting a whopping 400kb, I was getting a steady 2mb connection before regrading.
N/A

My router is now showing download speeds about 7244kbps...
One week ago this was at 6200.

Everytime it goes down, it comes back with a different speed.
I assume its part of this 10 day training to find the optimum for my line?

If only someone would tell me that it was, I'd be happier.
At the moment I have a problem but I do not know why......
Community Veteran

You are on MaxDSL

Everytime you connect it will change depending on your line noise, if you have a connection that is affected by electrical interferance (tvs,microwaves, street lighting, indoor lighting, etc etc) or bad weather then this will cause your speed to change more often even after the up to 10day training period.

on a normal line your speed should settle down after the up to 10day training period
Community Veteran

You are on MaxDSL

Or LLU Wink - neither of which are receiving emails stating the upgrade has occured

What is your upload sync speed. If 800Kbs then you are on LLU, if 448Kbs or 832Kbs you are on max or max premier.
N/A

upload speed is 448......thank you all for your help.

I feel a little better now knowing why i have a problem. Why plusnet could not just tell me i was being upgraded, i do not know..

well i have had it like this for just a week now, so i look forward to a bit of stability in a few days Smiley