cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I getting regraded to MAXdsl?

N/A

Hi Folks,

I was just in the control panel of my BT Voyager 2100 router & noticed some stats have changed.

Pasted below is the stats.

ADSL Speed (DS/US) 4480/448 Kbps

It was in the 2000/200 Kbps range I am sure.

Am I getting regraded? Not had any email or anything about it if it is happening.

Cheers

AL
13 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Yes, that would look like BT have started the work to move your line from a regular connection and onto Max. Once they've advised us that the work is complete, then we'll let you know about it.
N/A

Is the joining date also the date you joined force9? If so how come you are getting upgraded so soon?
N/A

Sheer luck!! :roll: whilst the rest of us have to wait months before BT finally get off the backsides & upgrade us. So DONT COMPLAIN!! :x looks like your luck was in for a change hay!!

Ivan
N/A

As the big booming voice of the old lottery advert used to say "IT COULD BE YOU".
It does feel like we are taking part in a big lottery no-one knows if they will be upgraded or not. It doesn't matter if you have been with force9 for years,or are a new member, it doesn't matter if you are one of the people who paid £39.99 last year to be at the front of the queue. No-one knows when they will be upgraded.
Welcome to the Force 9 broadband lottery! :lol:
N/A

I know when I'm being upgraded. In fact, it's tomorrow.

But then again, I'm migrating away to another provider.
N/A

Well, I am just glad I am getting upgraded.

I wonder whether it is a case of when they have sent bulk orders to BT, if an exchange has free slots to upgrade then it is done but if F9 have already used up all thier slots at an exchange, then all the extra have to wait for the next available slot.

Just an idea but probably wrong.

The line has been up & down all night so guess its trying to find the right line speed it can support.

Hopefully other who are wanting it done, are upgraded soon.

AL
N/A

My connection's been MAX'd today. Now getting 448 up and about 2500 down. Let's see how it settles out over the next 10 days!!

Mark
N/A

Hi Mark,

which phone exchange are you on?? Mines Headingley still waiting & hoping.

Cheers Ivan
dstokoe
Dabbler

I got upgraded sometime today so I'm well pleased about that. Thanks to James, Mand et al for putting up with all the mayhem! Looks like were getting there Smiley

It seems that a lot are currently going through at all times of the day and I had no notification so I would keep checking esp. if you're PAYG or applied for a queue jump.
N/A

Hi Mark,

which phone exchange are you on?? Mines Headingley still waiting & hoping.

I'm on Hunslet Ivan and it's not even my billing date today!!!

That said, I have seen the speed steadily decreasing all afternoon/ evening until it is now at 1920kb, down from 2520kb Sad. Let's hope it picks up again before the 10 days is up!!

Mark
N/A

Slightly off topic but the SNR my router is quoting since being MAX'd is quite amusing/ alarming. At the highest synch rate it was 0db, at this lowest synch rate it is 2147483645db. SHALL I SHOUT A BIT LOUDER Smiley. Curious 'cause on my 1mb connection it hovered between 6db and 9db!!!

Mark
N/A

Since my sync rate has been upgraded my upload speed immediatly went to the 0.4 mbps but my down speed has stayed. From what I have read around places and heard from BT force 9 have to unlease the connection to 8 meg because they are doing their tests and allowing the line to go faster but force9 is still throttling back to a 2 meg service
N/A

but force9 is still throttling back to a 2 meg service

I think there is a delay between the bt wholesale speed changes to your line sync speed and f9 getting the intormation as to what your line it actually set to.

http://portal.f9.net.uk/my.html?action=stable_rate

shows the speed that F9 think your line is operating at.